• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's Game On at Sundown!

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
i like it. the spacing allows for fast turns or zippers if you're into that sort of thing... i am not.

tune your skis. its southern New England. "ice" as you call it, happens. and the "ice" is only on the lead in to the trough... don't ski there... duh....

it is not so steep to be scary... it's a nice, consistently pitched bump run that will only get better as we get more natural snow, and skier traffic blows out some of the seeding order over time. I am super stoked.

i ski every Wednesday night. .... Join me.

rocks860

i like it. the spacing allows for fast turns or zippers if you're into that sort of thing... i am not.

tune your skis. its southern New England. "ice" as you call it, happens. and the "ice" is only on the lead in to the trough... don't ski there... duh....

it is not so steep to be scary... it's a nice, consistently pitched bump run that will only get better as we get more natural snow, and skier traffic blows out some of the seeding order over time. I am super stoked.

i ski every Wednesday night. .... Join me.

There were no bumps on it when I skied it, that was the problem

rocks860

Not really. My girlfriend chaperones the ski club for the high school she works at so she's there every Thursday but saturday was the first time I had been there this year. It's just thought when the average run down the mountain takes a minute and the lift ride up is 5 or so

djdj

For a small mountain it's nice but i really the harder mountain

djdj

I bet the person who i go ski with has a really hard time with the bigger and harder mountain

djdj

How is the skiing at sundown planning on a day there Saturday or Sunday

While I am very much looking forward to hitting the new moguls, before the seeding Satan's Stairway was just a block of ice. The only snow I found was only half a ski length wide down the right hand side. Just being honest.

I do love how much effort Sundown puts in. Rails, jumps, bumps and racing! I wish other mountains in our area worked as hard for us.

rocks860

While I am very much looking forward to hitting the new moguls, before the seeding Satan's Stairway was just a block of ice. The only snow I found was only half a ski length wide down the right hand side. Just being honest.

I do love how much effort Sundown puts in. Rails, jumps, bumps and racing! I wish other mountains in our area worked as hard for us.

Thank you, that's what I've been saying

jack97

spent the day lapping the stairway/ lower trail. t2b was a workout.

the pitch on the stairway reminds me of upper gunny. it has scraped off sections along with sections where a good line has formed. mid to bottom has some money lines with troughs developing.

next monday's storm should get the upper section troughs in better shape.

deadheadskier

Staff member
How far did you travel for Sundown Jack? Some reason I thought you lived along the northern 495 belt.