• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River was gnar today

loki357

Bluebird, with A little less than 20" of blower pow on top of really slick and hard ice on the trails and on top of a think crust layer in the woods. Showed up to the white cap lodge hoping to rip draglines down an untouched White Heat, but they groomed it. It still had some goods on the sides though

Here's some footy

http://youtu.be/9XNEZi3dOgo

deadheadskier

Staff member
If you're still up there, head to mount Abram tomorrow. Should be amazing being closed the past two days. It would be at the top of my list of where to go tomorrow in New England

loki357

Back in Boston now. I know a guy that toured it on a Splitboard today. I agree though. Should be good. I bet saddleback is still mint too.

catsup948

If only I didn't have to work or had children. I'd skied Sunday River or Shawnee today, Abram tomorrow and Black of Maine Friday!

Edd

If you're still up there, head to mount Abram tomorrow. Should be amazing being closed the past two days. It would be at the top of my list of where to go tomorrow in New England

A buddy and I were saying the same last night so we checked the website and they do open Thursday. Tomorrow promises to be amazing there.

deadheadskier

Staff member
So.....tempted to blow off work and go. I could do it easily and the suits in Seattle would never know unless they GPS track my work cell phone, which I highly doubt.

F'ing conscience is bogarting an epic pow day at the Abe tomorrow. I even have a ticket voucher to burn there.

mishka

So.....tempted to blow off work and go. I could do it easily and the suits in Seattle would never know unless they GPS track my work cell phone, which I highly doubt.

F'ing conscience is bogarting an epic pow day at the Abe tomorrow. I even have a ticket voucher to burn there.

Let's do it. What's stopping you? I'll even bring 110s for you

deadheadskier

Staff member
I can............'t. National meeting in Seattle next week. I've got some deals I need to close in the next two days before I head out to the biannual Richard waving contest.

If I were more a Veteran with the company and not a recent hire this fall ......maybe. Next winter I'll have the vacation time to do it anyway without sneaking around.

mishka

To bed for you and me. I can go but after two straight days of cleaning snow I can't do eight hours around trip driving alone

jimk

bluebird, with a little less than 20" of blower pow on top of really slick and hard ice on the trails and on top of a think crust layer in the woods. Showed up to the white cap lodge hoping to rip draglines down an untouched white heat, but they groomed it. It still had some goods on the sides though

here's some footy

http://youtu.be/9xnezi3dogo

minty fresh breath!

JAM614

If only I didn't have to work or had children. I'd skied Sunday River or Shawnee today, Abram tomorrow and Black of Maine Friday!

Abrams must have been sweet today.

Black Mountain of Maine will be prime tomorrow with 20" of undisturbed powder and more on the way(possibly 12"). Everything will be in play and in prime conditions. Only $15 on Friday for 9am- 9pm. Repeat on Saturday for $25.
If you ever want to check out this ski area or it's been more than 5 years since the last time, now is the time! Many improvements, new glades and trails. Guaranteed the best money you'll spend on a lift ticket all season.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Dont forget that its going to be a zoo,at least it has been for many years on Super Sunday.

Skied there a few SB Sunday's and what is a zoo at Cannon is a relatively quiet day most elsewhere.

Supposed to be frigid as week. That will keep some people away.