• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Jan 27, 28

Brad J

Got up to Bartlett area Monday night, Skied Tuesday snowed about 8 to 10 " during day, Got better and better, by end of dat real fun with refill every run, today the 28th 8 to 10" more wind got to 1/2 of a lot of trails but skier right on most trails on upper mountain was deep blower, lower mountain was wall to wall . I got tracked out but was real good, with the exception of upper Wildcat trail, I was closed for a good reason, They did groom some lower trails wall to wall for some reason , 1/2 of those trails would have been better. the powder was way to good to groom so quickly. I am sure they were trying to wind proof the snow by packing it out. put all in all very fun.:thumbup:

Edd

Dang, we picked BW over the Cat on Tuesday because we were positive the winds would shut it down. Nicely done.

A couple of friends went on Wednesday and texted me pics. Looked nice.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Thrilled to see our beloved wildcat finally recovering from the crappy past month's weather. I wonder if they are done with the snow guns this year? Maybe, maybe if we keep getting twice a week refreshes, that will do it.

yeggous

Thrilled to see our beloved wildcat finally recovering from the crappy past month's weather. I wonder if they are done with the snow guns this year? Maybe, maybe if we keep getting twice a week refreshes, that will do it.

I suspect they shelved the guns in early January. They haven't made snow in weeks.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
I thought they had announced plans to make snow on Black Cat? Whales on it were fun last year

Brad J

I suspect they shelved the guns in early January. They haven't made snow in weeks.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

They have removed a lot of the tower guns,from Cheetah, Bobcat, still hoping for snowmaking TTB on gondiline

deadheadskier

Staff member
removed tower guns? That's bizarre. Tower guns are typically left in place once they are installed.

Brad J

removed tower guns? That's bizarre. Tower guns are typically left in place once they are installed.

They installed a steel post that the guns slide over , the posts to me should be covered with a plastic barrel of something. they would not be something I would not like to run into. I will post a picture next time I go up

deadheadskier

Staff member
gotcha. I really need to get back up there. Been doing most of my skiing in VT so far this season. Springtime Wildcat will be "home"