• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East 1/28

C-Rex

After getting home from Mount Snow on Tuesday, my friend called and complained about how jealous she was, and that she couldn't get anyone to go skiing with her. So I did the honorable thing; burned a vacation day and took her to Berkshire East.

We got there late, around 10:00, but there was NO ONE there. We did some cruisers to warm up and found a lot of untouched corduroy. Flying Cloud was my favorite trail of the day. It was slightly bumped up on the right which held the snow very well, and the pitch made it a bit of a challenge and a workout. I had never been to B-East during the day before so I took the opportunity to explore. We had a blast and all the trails skied well, except for the East Glades. I tried it hoping the cover would be adequate, but no dice. Thin cover and lots of barely buried deadfall threatening to take me down. I made my way down cautiously and stuck to the cut trails after that. The sun came out in the afternoon and the temp got up to the mid 20's, which felt good.

Overall, it was a great day with great company. My friend was super happy to get out on the snow, and anytime I can do that for someone I will. We ended the day with some fantastic chinese food, a scorpion bowl, and then drinks and a movie back at my place. At that point it wouldn't have been safe for her to drive home so... :cool:

Tin

v06N8.gif

Shooting to get back there next Wednesday. Nice to see almost everything open.

Last edited:

The Sneak

Overall, it was a great day with great company. My friend was super happy to get out on the snow, and anytime I can do that for someone I will. We ended the day with some fantastic chinese food, a scorpion bowl, and then drinks and a movie back at my place. At that point it wouldn't have been safe for her to drive home so... :cool:

This TR is the best of the year ...but is just depressing me profoundly
This is the polar opposite of my recent trip there in every conceivable possible way.:sad:

bdfreetuna

does BE hold up well? thinking of a day trip on Sunday.

I might take a few runs up there Sunday afternoon myself. Only Upper Competition and maybe Big Chief get skied off quickly. Due to traffic (Comp is basically the race team trail and there's very little reason to ski it unless you're on the team or you like ice). The rest of the mountain will be good. Especially since we're expecting several inches more snow before Sunday.

This will be a last minute decision. Depends how long the sermon goes. Superbowl Sunday.. probably not as long as usual.