• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone checked a bag on an airplane with beer in it?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm heading to Seattle next week and one of my coworkers is a huge IPA fan. Was going to bring a couple cans of Lawson's Sip of Sunshine IPA as it obviously can't be had on the West Coast.

Figured I could probably slip it in my luggage or would they just take it if they inspected it? I'm also a little worried about punctures. The cans that some of these nicer brews come in these days such as Lawson's, Heady Topper etc., don't seem all that durabl.

moresnow

I've done it. Just make sure it's packed well.

Check with your airline. You are allowed to bring upto two case worth of beer,or something like that. I'm usually bringing stuff back from Colorado.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes. Most airlines allow you to pack alcohol to a certain amount. Just pack it securely. I brought home a bottle of whiskey from Vermont last fall.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bvibert

Staff member
Should be fine, as others have mentioned. I've checked 2 big bottles of tequila from Texas to Connecticut.

ScottySkis

Beer no other stuff yes hidden in shampoo bottle after 9/ 11 fake security got through no problem.

darent

my son lives in Oregon and is a home brewer, Makes a killer IPA, bubble wrap it good. best bet is FedEx ground. I send out a pair of skis in a ski tube and get it back with beer.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Might not happen anyway. I spent 3 hours on the tarmac for my 10AM flight today before it was cancelled. They moved me to a 7PM flight which got cancelled at 6:45. Next seat available is Wednesday at 10AM. Hopefully that goes out

bvibert

Staff member
Might not happen anyway. I spent 3 hours on the tarmac for my 10AM flight today before it was cancelled. They moved me to a 7PM flight which got cancelled at 6:45. Next seat available is Wednesday at 10AM. Hopefully that goes out

Good luck!

frapcap

You can definitely put beer in your checked baggage.
I've brought a 30 rack of Old Style back from Chicago with me as well as a 12 pack of something from Seattle.