• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plattekill 1/29

millerm277

Date(s) Skied: 1/29

Resort or Ski Area: Plattekill

Conditions: Wide runs groomed or partially groomed. Both groomed and ungroomed were soft and not icy.

Trip Report: $20 lift ticket day. Got first tracks on Face, Sundown, Blockbuster and Northface. Literally had the place to myself for the first 30min.

Nice conditions. All the snowmaking runs were well covered. A little bit thin on the fun side runs, but not so thin that it was ruining the runs/having to pick your way through. If they get the 3-5" predicted for tonight, nearly everything would be well covered.

Overall a great day.

Which brings me to my one gripe about Plattekill: Their trail report is basically fraud/very misleading, which always annoys me when I show up and find a bunch of things closed that were supposedly open. Freefall, Switchback, Bail Out, Chute and Pipeline were all closed, although if you don't mind ducking a rope, mostly skiable.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Platty was sweet on Wednesday. I love the trail reporting and their generous rope ducking policy.

BenedictGomez

Platty was sweet on Wednesday. I love the trail reporting and their generous rope ducking policy.

I've never once experienced a "significantly wrong" trail report at Plattekill, but I agree with the above posters that that's a very large problem if it becomes common.