• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggs Deal: You're welcome!

C-Rex

Ok, you all owe me a beer (each, not one collectively, ya stingy bastards!) for this one. For the past 2 years I've gotten a great deal for a weekend at Smuggs. If you fill a condo it ends up being $150/person for 2 nights lodging and a 3 day lift ticket, or like $225/person for 3 nights lodging and a 4 day ticket. That's slopeside on Morse Mountain, BTW. Pretty sure you can't beat that. Normally we just did a weekend in Jan, but this year Smuggs has very kindly extended the deal through March. Hell. Yeah. I spoke with my friend, who organizes the trip, and he is willing to extend that offer to the fine people of AlpineZone. Just contact John: jpstryjek@cox.net. He'll give you all the details and set you up.

I'm thinking about doing a weekend in late Feb or early March. If anyone wants to go in with me, hit me up.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I won't be able to do it this year, but how about a few more details for those that might consider it.

How many bedrooms are in these condos? How many people "fill" a condo?

Powda

I'd be interested in going towards the beginning of March. Could you post a few more details about the Condo's?

Catul

Great deal, thanks for the info. Can you post some of the details (thinking of going up with the kids) - how many bedrooms/people needed to fill up a condo?

C-Rex

Condos range from a studio (4 people to fill it) up to 3 bedrooms, which I think is full at 12. One bedroom is 6 and a 2 bedroom is 8. The condos are the Liftside Condos in the Morse Village. You get access to the indoor pool and hot tubs, and can walk out the door right to the lift. If you want more details, just email John.

Savemeasammy can confirm I'm not a scam artist. He went with us last year.

C-Rex

The one I stayed in had 3 beds in one room and a king plus a sofa-bed in the other. There was also a sofa-bed in the living room.

BenedictGomez

You get access to the indoor pool and hot tubs

Dont forget the "FunZone" - I mean, WHO could forget the FunZone?

If a 2 bedroom condo sleeps 8, does each bedroom have 2 double beds?

I usually go studio, but the 2BR I once stayed in had a King and a jacuzzi in one room, and 2 double beds in the second room. the living room had a pull out couch, and another small sofa that someone probably 5'5" could sleep on if need be. I'd say 6 could sleep quite comfortably, and up to 10 could sleep in various stages of YRMV comfort. This was in the building where you literally could hit the Morse lift station with a football. Most Morse area buildings require a short walk. All are convenient to the base.

Savemeasammy

We had a pretty good setup last year. It was a studio, but the morse lift was right outside our door. We could ski/ride to the lift in the am, and ski/ride back at the end of the day w/out getting back onto the morse lift.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

bdfreetuna

I'm up to my ears in passes and mini-ski vacations until the snow melts. No can do this year. Would *definitely* do next year if I knew the offer would still be good.

prsboogie

2nd the tapped out for this year but VERY interested if this will be available next season. CRex please keep az posted

C-Rex

I will certainly post this next season if available.

Scotty, technically nonsmoking, but vaporizors don't count, and they all have patios/balconies.

WTF is the FUN ZONE?! LOL

BBMF

WTF is the FUN ZONE?! LOL
Holy chit!!! You didn't go to the fun zone?. It's the fun... zone.....
The kids love it, inflatable building with a few bounce houses and some games, mini-mini golf and ping pong. Don't set your expectations very high and you probably don't want to go without a kid or you look like a pedo- bear out trolling for fresh meat.
Thanks for the scoop on the deal.

mishka

I am very interested. I'm only one person. Would it be a problem because I can't find enough people to feel the condo

prsboogie

I will certainly post this next season if available.

Bump, C-Rex to the white phone, C-Rex to the white phone please.

Any word if these will be available this season? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Whitey

Ok, you all owe me a beer (each, not one collectively, ya stingy bastards!) for this one. For the past 2 years I've gotten a great deal for a weekend at Smuggs. If you fill a condo it ends up being $150/person for 2 nights lodging and a 3 day lift ticket, or like $225/person for 3 nights lodging and a 4 day ticket. That's slopeside on Morse Mountain, BTW. Pretty sure you can't beat that. Normally we just did a weekend in Jan, but this year Smuggs has very kindly extended the deal through March. Hell. Yeah. I spoke with my friend, who organizes the trip, and he is willing to extend that offer to the fine people of AlpineZone. Just contact John: jpstryjek@cox.net. He'll give you all the details and set you up.

I'm thinking about doing a weekend in late Feb or early March. If anyone wants to go in with me, hit me up.

Nice deal. My email to John has already been fired off. Been trying to get to Smuggs for a while now, a good deal on lodging and lift tix was just what I needed to get it going.

Thanks C-Rex, I'll find a way to buy you that beer this winter. . .