• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Drought hurts Sierra snowpack

snoseek

Overnight totals were heavenly-5 Northstar-6 Rose-5

Kirkwood-24....

Very fluffy snow, I got all the rocky sections memorized...all the northfacing stuff was great. A lot of squawlpine people drove down and you could tell for sure. Yesterday afternoon when things started cranking up were even better, no people at all interested skiing IN the storm. It was nice to get a real deal pow day after such a bad season.

I'll be back likely. I've got a great job that I like a lot and good people around here. It's overall a good formula and sooner or later I'll get some good years

snoseek

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm pretty sure that was the bronze buy early price last year.

Sierra at Tahoe pass is 289 unlimited, gets you days at squaw/alpine and also powder alliance. No blackout dates. On a midweek storm day sierra is simply the very best

Yeah I saw that deal as well. Now that I think of it, didn't Squaw really go bargain basement with their season passes a few years ago and locals thought it flooded the place with too many skiers/riders?

I would be interested to see if this bad season pushes season pass prices down in the Sierra Nevadas. I wonder if this will happen, along with a bigger Vail presence, in Utah.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Kirkwood-24....

Very fluffy snow, I got all the rocky sections memorized...all the northfacing stuff was great. A lot of squawlpine people drove down and you could tell for sure. Yesterday afternoon when things started cranking up were even better, no people at all interested skiing IN the storm. It was nice to get a real deal pow day after such a bad season.

I'll be back likely. I've got a great job that I like a lot and good people around here. It's overall a good formula and sooner or later I'll get some good years

Well, hopefully you can enjoy some of this good snow for a while before making the drive (if you haven't already).

snoseek

Well, hopefully you can enjoy some of this good snow for a while before making the drive (if you haven't already).

I did the past couple days and will for the next couple. All my stuff is packed, washed or stored away as I tend to leave on a last minute whim. I'm looking forward to some Moab and points east vacation time in between.

Pass prices really can't go any lower, even in a bad year they are a good value. I bet Vail's presence at the very least stops pass inflation in ut. I don't see Altabird taking the squaw route.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I did the past couple days and will for the next couple. All my stuff is packed, washed or stored away as I tend to leave on a last minute whim. I'm looking forward to some Moab and points east vacation time in between.

Pass prices really can't go any lower, even in a bad year they are a good value. I bet Vail's presence at the very least stops pass inflation in ut. I don't see Altabird taking the squaw route.

I selfishly hope Alta/Bird goes down this year but I suspect it will stay the same.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mishka

Kirkwood-24....

:thumbup: I saw earlier today snow report for Kirkwood:thumbup: