• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East cancels $15 night because of "rif raff"...

bdfreetuna

Basically if you're dumb enough to actually get busted having an outside beer... or actually can't control yourself to the extent where your foul language is causing a disturbance -- you're not gonna make the cut.

If you're a respectful person who can manage to break rules on the down low if necessary, this won't be a problem for you.

The Sneak

Anyone from AZ going to be there Sunday? A solo trip might be in the cards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fowtwuntee

Berkshire East had the best ski deal ever on Fridays. Was like $25 for ticket from 8am to 10 pm. Some of the best woods I've rode in MA too.

catsup948

Shelburne Falls. :-D

Represent! I'm not going to comment in this thread. I got all the scoop right from the horses mouth. I can say Berkshire east will keep on trucking no matter what happens. Racing and food and beverage make their world go round! This will never change.

gmcunni

they do seem to be cracking the whip on riff raff. two guys in the chair ahead of me had their tickets pulled.

they were being a bit loud on the chair lift (quad). goofing around a bit, clicking skis talking in a loud enough voice that i could hear them. no big deal, looked to be in their 20s and i thought of them as acting like high schoolers.

riding up the quad we watched a Ski Patrol come down Lift Line. She fell. i couldn't hear what they said but they said something to her. as i went over her she radioed something about them. SP was waiting at the top.

SP said something like:
I can smell alcohol on you
you (muffled i couldn't hear)
and you've already been warned today. it is time for you to go home.

clipped each guys tickets and told them to leave. they didn't protest much. they asked for his name and said they'd be going to customer service.

Tin

Wow. If you're that drunk, have been warned and keep on acting like an ass I have no problem with them pulling tickets. Something tells me they must have been pretty drunk for SP to actually care enough to mention it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wow, sounds like they are really trying to clean things up. FWIW a lot of families like mine prefer to go to a family friendly place and I'm sure that Beast wants that crowd and their money.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

gmcunni

so many kids there today, great to see. some 5 year old were ripping bumps on Flying Cloud putting me to shame.

drjeff

Like it or not, families make ski areas more $$ than the single college aged/20 something "it's all about me" PBR bomber can on the lift crowd - and ski areas want to keep families happy, especially I'm guessing Berkshire East who wants to get those families back in the non snow months for their ever expanding non winter activities business!

The Sneak

I applaud the crackdown. Acting like a tool is not cool. Pounding beers, leaving empties under the lift, being obnoxious and most importantly...being a danger to yourself and others on the hill...you suck and deserve getting 86'd.

Keep BEast family friendly and go to the bar or the parking lot for a beer or two after you're done skiing for the day.

It's really quite simple..

bdfreetuna

Like it or not, families make ski areas more $$ than the single college aged/20 something "it's all about me" PBR bomber can on the lift crowd - and ski areas want to keep families happy, especially I'm guessing Berkshire East who wants to get those families back in the non snow months for their ever expanding non winter activities business!

They could just start charging Jiminy Peak ticket prices -- problem solved.

Let's hope that never happens though :)

bheemsoth

How is the night skiing at Berkshire East? I'm heading up north tomorrow night, and was thinking I may stop in for $15 night. Do they have enough challenging terrain/bumps available for night skiing to keep me occupied for three hours?

bdfreetuna

Berkshire East has a decent night setup. I'm not a fan of night skiing but I've had a good time at Berkshire East in the evenings.

Abominable

I'd say better than decent, in terms of % of trails that stay open. Also, it seems like they are less 'lit' up than other places, so a very pleasant light to ski under, even kind of dark in places, as opposed to skiing under parking lot lights. Mellower somehow?

It's been awhile though, and it was snowing heavily when I went last, so rose colored goggles and all that.

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...ontent/uploads/trail_map_2014-15.pdf&hl=en_US

The Sneak

Berkshire East cancels $15 night because of "rif raff"...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424301214.326298.jpg

Trees off Hemlock on Monday 2/17.
I had a great day.
Irrelevant to the topic? Slightly, yeah.
BEast rules.

Hado226

How is the night skiing at Berkshire East? I'm heading up north tomorrow night, and was thinking I may stop in for $15 night. Do they have enough challenging terrain/bumps available for night skiing to keep me occupied for three hours?
Flying cloud is lit and has pretty good bumps right now. A few places with slide to pile, but the rest nicely formed and still pretty soft.

A nice line of bumps on skiers right at the middle of Big Chief.

drjeff

Flying cloud is lit and has pretty good bumps right now. A few places with slide to pile, but the rest nicely formed and still pretty soft.

A nice line of bumps on skiers right at the middle of Big Chief.

Agreed! I popped my Berkshire East virginity this afternoon! Great "little" ski area that skis much bigger than its listed 1150ish verts!

Flying cloud was skiing very nice, even had a 1 groomer width wide "bail out" strip on skiers left

I only noticed 1 empty bud light can on lookers left below the quad this afternoon, but a PROMINENT sign saying "no outside alcohol allowed" just before you hit the loading belt.

I enjoyed Berkshire East in the quick 75 minute 7 run session I had today as when I did the big zip line tour there about 18 months ago! :)