• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Heading West

Talisman

Yes, but not by that much. Avalanche Bowl and Over the Rainbow are just as steep and long as Pali, and there are tons of steep shots off the ridges if you're willing to hike/traverse a bit. You make it seem like Loveland is like Vail.

I compared Loveland to Vail? OK with some traversing and hiking Loveland offers the goods. My preference would be A Basin or Loveland over Keystone and Breckenridge, but I have had fun at all of the Summit County resorts.

I can only hope, when winter relaxes back east it starts in Norcal. Seems to be the trend for several years. There's early signs but we will see

Looks like a river will break through the ridge for now... Enjoy it while it lasts.

snoseek

Looks like a river will break through the ridge for now... Enjoy it while it lasts.

Following closely. Lots of rain at lake level resorts but im based out of Kirkwood so we should see several feet of pasty base building snow. January droughts always seem to break with these sorts of storms and its usually followed by a colder, wetter pattern. Late Feb-April always deliver. I hope this year is no different

snoseek

Following closely. Lots of rain at lake level resorts but im based out of Kirkwood so we should see several feet of pasty base building snow. January droughts always seem to break with these sorts of storms and its usually followed by a colder, wetter pattern. Late Feb-April always deliver. I hope this year is no different

4aprice

unless weather related I couldn't comprehend skiing all around Loveland and not getting a day in. It is textbook Colorado skiing without the big resort. Acre wise it's substantial, Chair 1, 9 and even four dish up good steep skiing and tracks out WAY slower than Summit. I suggest doing some hiking and signing up for the ridge cat to ski above 4 and 8. OTR trees on a snow day is all I need. Also good cheap dive bar.

Interesting post SS. It's funny cause when I talk about Utah, I see the front 4 (Leaving SB and Pow Mow out), and then the Park City Resorts that I feel are more like the typical Colorado resorts. You say "textbook Colorado" and I almost see LL and A Basin as more like the Front 4 in Utah. I agree don't skip Loveland and always thought Lift 1 was pretty hairy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ