• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Parking lot Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannonball

Maybe more of a rant or pet peave than an actual problem.. Huge parking lot right in front of the only high speed quad to the top. Get up early to make some fresh turns. They stack the rows perpendicular to the lift so even if the lot is only a couple rows of cars you may end up at the far end of the row maybe 500 yards from the lift base. What happened to first come first serve? Someone that shows up 15 minutes after me is parking right next to the lift and im forced (by the lot nazis) to park way the &^%$ over there. Yes I boot up at the car and really dont want to walk the extra 500 yards on gravel with my ski boots. When people circumvent the lot gestapo they come running over for a good talking to.. What gives Gunstock?

Gunstock's entire parking lot is 500 FEET long, not yards. I think this belongs in the "first world problems" thread.

Edd

Some string of years in the last decade there was this kid at Sunday River who danced all morning while he was directing cars. Always made me smile when I pulled in.

Personable staff, including lifties and so forth, are money in the bank, IMO.

Edd

Nope.. this is happening weekdays, I dont go near the place on weekends as they are parking WAY beyond the enjoyable capacity of that mountain. Bussing them in from the campground and old alpine ridge side. I have no problem with "managing" keeping the cars tight and in a line.. BUT four guys waving furiously to park over there by the pond when Im not there for paddleboating is STUPID!

Have you tried parking in the Pistol lot? It's pretty easy to park close to the lift.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think it would be weird to orient the parking in the other direction at Gunstock. And let's face it, the vast majority of early arriving skiers are looking to park close to the lodge and not the lift. If parking was the other direction you'd piss off even more people.

Morwax

I think it would be weird to orient the parking in the other direction at Gunstock. And let's face it, the vast majority of early arriving skiers are looking to park close to the lodge and not the lift. If parking was the other direction you'd piss off even more people.
Arn't the first arrivals the ones that want to get on the HSQ? How many here head for the lodge first thing? I thought those people got there at 10am

Edd

Arn't the first arrivals the ones that want to get on the HSQ? How many here head for the lodge first thing? I thought those people got there at 10am

Hell, no. Not trying to be contrary but I only change at the car when it's extremely warm. I find it uncomfortable and awkward and I am historically a true early bird until spring.

Morwax

Hell, no. Not trying to be contrary but I only change at the car when it's extremely warm. I find it uncomfortable and awkward and I am historically a true early bird until spring.
Ohh, maybe im looking at this all wrong. However every time i pretend I dont see the parkies and pull up the wrong end by the lift 10 more do the same thing next to me.. lets have a poll Lodge or Lift?

WWF-VT

I thought this thread was going to be about partying or stupid things people do in the parking lot.
Not whining about having to walk to a lift

gmcunni

i would suspect it is about maximizing the efficiency of the parking lot rather than being "fair" to people who get there first.

Morwax

i would suspect it is about maximizing the efficiency of the parking lot rather than being "fair" to people who get there first.
Yea screw the local taxpayers that have subsidised the mountain for 25 years. We just need to jam as many mass plates as we can into the lot while the gettins good. TOTALLY makes sense

gmcunni

Yea screw the local taxpayers that have subsidised the mountain for 25 years. We just need to jam as many mass plates as we can into the lot while the gettins good. TOTALLY makes sense

i didn't realize they were giving preferential treatment to out of staters, that is really unfair.

deadheadskier

Staff member

You do realize Gunstock has run in the black all but a handful of its 75 years in existence? It's a positive cash contributor to Belknap county.

snoseek

You do realize Gunstock has run in the black all but a handful of its 75 years in existence? It's a positive cash contributor to Belknap county.

Yep, place was always profitable.

Walking is good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.