• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon & Bretton Woods 1/30/15 quick video report

Cannonball

Friday. Both Cannon and BW were reporting 4" overnight and snowing.

I was on-call for some work issues so I was hesitant to get too far from home. So I started the day at Cannon. Soft, fluffy, and uncrowded. By 11:30 I was feeling pretty confident that I wouldn't be called on for work. So I hopped in the car to meet JDRoma at BW. Significantly more snow had fallen by then and it kept coming down all day. Everything there was fantastic.

Not ready for a big editing effort, so here's a 2-min sampling of both places. Kinsman at Cannon, then trying to catch JDRoma at BW....

JDMRoma

Nice video ! Kinsman looks good ! May have to be on the to do list tomorrow !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

The Sneak

BW was amazing on sat 1/31. West glade and the rosebrook/stickney glades were incredible except Inferno got dangerously icy on the steeper narrow chute part.

We hit it hard from 8:30 to 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDMRoma

Agreed on the inferno ! Did that 2 weeks ago and that chute was ice then ! It's a one and done type of trail along with minehans ridge Same deal !
Never made it over to stickney , next time !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone