• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboarding

gmcunni

i dislike snowboarding. i tried it once and it didn't agree with me. i decided i had too little time to spend on the mountain to try and start over from scratch learning something new so i stick with skiing.

but i'm glad you guys like it.

Rowsdower

i dislike snowboarding. i tried it once and it didn't agree with me. i decided i had too little time to spend on the mountain to try and start over from scratch learning something new so i stick with skiing.

Feel the same way with skiing. I'd like to do it but I don't like the idea of starting over from scratch, buying new gear, etc. There's still a lot of places I'd like to experience fully on a snowboard before I think about skiing.

Edd

That's where I landed too after trying snowboarding. I'll never get so good at skiing that it would be boring.

SnowRock

I skied a bit when i was real little.. would love to get back out on some of the new skis but not until I re-fix my knee which can handle my riding but would probably disintegrate on the mountain if i tried to ski

Old Duderino

I didn't get bored with skiing, I just got bored with skiing the local hills and switched to snowboarding about 10 years ago. I just went back to skiing and after getting a few days in on my local hill I was kinda missing the snowboard but felt like I had to break in the new skis and boots. Different story out west, I'll spend most of my days on skis there but if I lived in the NE I'd probably split my days evenly between skis and boards.

rocks860

I have done both and am decent at boarding I just get sick of buckling in and unbuckling every run. That and I fall way too much boarding. I enjoy it once in a while but I can do so much more skiing I could never switch completely

Funky_Catskills

Some people just don't get it.. It's not easy to learn like skiing...

Funky_Catskills

For sure..
Snowboarding is tough to learn but easy to master...
Skiing is easy to learn but tough to master...