• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Feb 5-6 2015 weather threat

BenedictGomez

Models aren't coming north on a big coastal for Thursday night. Canadian is out to sea. If Euro still likes the idea it's very much on its own.

Yeah, I dont see this as any big deal. Not very powerful, a bit too far east, just not looking good really. Need to hope for elevation overperformance.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
May not a "big deal" by the past 10 days standards, but a month ago we'd be doing the Snoopy dance over it.
Regardless, the billski-mobile will be pointing the wheels to the Northwest for Thursday. I'm sure not to be disappointed.

:daffy:(Skier's Snoopy Dance)

BenedictGomez

May not a "big deal" by the past 10 days standards, but a month ago we'd be doing the Snoopy dance over it.

No, we just have different predictions/opinions over what's actually going to happen. I don't think this is going to be anything more than a few inches, but I'll gladly be proven wrong and take your view should it turn into something good.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
No, we just have different predictions/opinions over what's actually going to happen. I don't think this is going to be anything more than a few inches, but I'll gladly be proven wrong and take your view should it turn into something good.

I must have gotten my nouns vowels and adjectives mixed around. I'm happy to have a delightful time in 3-5" of fresh pow! :)

skifree

I'm happy to have a delightful time in 3-5" of fresh pow!

+1 my mobile is locked and loaded. my boss can suck it! wait that's me.

MarieEmily

Around 4 feet here in CT and more on the way. Love that winter has finally decided to join us! :daffy:

hammer

Not getting much near Lowell but what is coming down is a lot wetter/heavier. Temps at or slightly above freezing.

drjeff

Mount Snow reporting 6 inches. Seems to be the big winner.

All I know is that I'm likely in for some serious shoveling efforts tomorrow evening on my back deck to "find" my grill when I get to my place up there! I never got around to shoveling the foot plus that was on my deck already last weekend, then add in the foot and a half or so that fell on Monday and now another 6" or so today!! A GREAT problem to have!! :)

FreeShred

We got about 4-6" here in Portland, ME last night/ this morning and still coming down a little, I'll do my best diversion snow dance to push it further North!

BenedictGomez

Overnight, Stowe is reporting 8" to 10" & Smuggs is reporting 11" to 14", that's some SERIOUS elevation over-performance