• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

From_The_NEK Pictures Thread

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Neither are very interesting. Trouble is if there was something there ie truck or buck or bear it only becomes about that so the road and soothing green trees are lost. Either, however, might make interesting wall paper.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Ok, next round:

A:
18709637655_d20d67ca23_b.jpg

or

B:
18683301306_1e44c670e9_b.jpg

I like B, more road ribbon for increased drama

Rikka

Love your pics!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Billski, take pictures of your Katahdin summit celebration! Just don't spill the champagne. It upsets the children.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Billski, take pictures of your Katahdin summit celebration! Just don't spill the champagne. It upsets the children.
LOL! Hiked Katahdin every day and never summitted! Wouldn't have mattered we were in the clouds anyways.

But hey, we didn't have paparazzi or a six figure sponsorship following us either!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I like it. Did you use a filter to achieve the blue effect?

No filter. When conditions are right, just after the sun goes below the horizon, much of the sky turns a deep blue called the "Blue Hour".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_hour
The long exposure of the picture picks up the blue light reflecting off of the surfaces in the picture.

Domeskier

No filter. When conditions are right, just after the sun goes below the horizon, much of the sky turns a deep blue called the "Blue Hour".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_hour
The long exposure of the picture picks up the blue light reflecting off of the surfaces in the picture.

That's pretty cool. I guess I don't have much of an artist's eye because I've never noticed the effect on my own.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com