• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

From_The_NEK Pictures Thread

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Creating a thread to post up random pictures that may not be skiing related. Sometimes I'll ask opinions about pictures people prefer.

Note: If anyone is interested in buying a print (unframed or framed) please let me know. I can modify the prices a bit and give a discount to AZ members.

I have Photos for sale here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/tim-kirchoff.html?tab=artwork

And a lot more to look at here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/77159597@N07/

Let's get it started...

Which one of these do you prefer?

Winding Road to the Sky by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

or

Winding Country Road by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

It's a close call but I like the first one more. Don't ask me why

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Are you psychoanalyzing us?

Ha, no :)
Sometimes I take pictures of a subject from slightly different perspectives and I like both of them. Sometimes it is hard to figure out which one is preferable. In the case above, the fact that I was really trying to get the barn at the top of the hill to work, is probably clouding my judgement as to which picture is better.

freeski

I like the second. Love any barn picture. I was once told "you take the same picture more than once". I said that's not possible. I love you're work. You've got a great eye.
Northern VT is a very beautiful area.

Savemeasammy

Agree about the barn. I like the first one. I'd like it more so if you were able to capture the barn.

This reminds me a bit of the corner of Sutton my father used to live in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Agree about the barn. I like the first one. I'd like it more so if you were able to capture the barn.

This reminds me a bit of the corner of Sutton my father used to live in.

Getting a better view of the barn really isn't possible from that side. Here it is from the other side of the hill:

BarnRoadBW by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I like the second. Love any barn picture. I was once told "you take the same picture more than once". I said that's not possible. I love you're work. You've got a great eye.
Northern VT is a very beautiful area.

It is amazing how much a location can change as you move around and as the light changes (clouds, sun angle, etc). Don't even get me started on seasonal changes! :)
It pays to revisit locations.

twinplanx

I like the first one, where the road goes up a bit, seems to level off then climb away to the sky. The better angle of the barn is pretty sweet. I'am viewing from my phone though...

Savemeasammy

NEK - if you are the kind of guy who makes turns with random people from the internet, I plan to be at burque on Saturday. I'd be happy to take a run or 2 if you're interested.

wa-loaf

NEK - if you are the kind of guy who makes turns with random people from the internet, I plan to be at burque on Saturday. I'd be happy to take a run or 2 if you're interested.

I'm not sure if I'll have time on Saturday. Planning on taking the kids to the Ice Castle in Lincoln.

Find a time to hook up with ftNEK if you can. He's great guide!

Savemeasammy

Find a time to hook up with ftNEK if you can. He's great guide!

I'd like to, but this will probably be my one trip up this year. I'll be up with my wife and 7 year old.

My wife wants to do the ice castle thing too, but I'm not missing out on the amazing conditions out there! She can go without me if she wants ;)