• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How wide is too wide?

rocks860

What's the difference between freeski2 binding and Axial2 binding? Is it adjustable to fit a slight different BSL?
Asked : Mar 09, 2014
By : Yong
Know the answer? Answer this question

A: The Rossignol Freeski2 120 XXL bindings will have an adjustable range of ~10mm, and, will be the newer version of the Axial2 bindings.

Huh, that's what I get for not reading. Looks like this is at the head of the pack then

fbrissette

'...has found that skiing hard-packed snow on a ski wider than 80 mm underfoot puts an undue amount of stress on knee and ankle joints'

The key point here is 'hard-packed'.

A- fat skis are not designed for hard-pack (no matter what many seem to think on this board)
B- any good skier with experience knows that narrow skis carve much easier with less body movement (I assume this study looks at carving)
C-fat skis are much easier on the joints than narrow skis in powder and crust.

What you need is the right tool for the job.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Schweeeet! I think you have the right season for them. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bigbog

Would be worth it, performance-wise, to get a fore/aft alignment assessment. If you need a little help in getting in balance from the binding's ramp = often an issue, or whatever, ...simply shimming the toe high 1-3deg, under the binding, can solve an issue pretty easily...and make a world of difference in how it all works. Fwiw...
*Always really good shops/guys up near the mountains....