• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The best sking is found in the Northeast right now?

tnt1234

first world problem, but ugh, big sky will be fun but the action is back home. hopefully this pattern of goodness continues through the end of the month. i get back 12/24, ski catskills 12/25, ski somewhere further north 12/26-28.

Was just reading that Big Sky is great right now...you're gonna have a blast.

KustyTheKlown

yeah they have a solid base, and will be opening the moonlight/Madison side the day before i get there, and they are expected to get a quick 5" Friday-sunday (i arrive Saturday morning), and maybe another dose of 2-4" on Wednesday. should be enough to keep things fresh, and the terrain there is great, and I'm all about steeps trees and bumps without fresh snow, so anything i do get will be a bonus. just kinda hurts to get on a plane away from epic eastern conditions.

kingslug

[FONT=&quot]Thanks to the recent snowfall the legendary Mt. Mansfield Ski Patrol has been opening fabled terrain such as Goat, Starr, Lookout, Liftline, and National! We now have 83 trails open for over 29 miles of incredible early season skiing & riding here at Stowe![/FONT]

bdfreetuna

Smuggs has 100% of Sterling open. Wondering when Madonna 1 spins? Seems like that chair would open with most terrain already in play.

Jealous of anyone who gets to Jay this Saturday for opening of the Flyer. That's gonna be a lot of untouched!

KustyTheKlown

I'd love to delay my big sky trip 2 days just to get to ski jay on Saturday.

what a crazy sentence to type.

2Planker

15" of freshies on our deck in the hills above Conway.
The Cat is claiming 16" at the base w/ more up top

Get after it....

kingslug

Grr im stuck here until sunday or i would hit jay first..oh well at least its going off all over the place. Might go back up after coming home and dropping off my wife..hit jay, bush, wherever..the great vt odysee.

tnt1234

Utterly demoralized to be missing this. Had one long shot chance in shuffling some things around and making something work, and it fell apart. Best I can do is Catskills Sunday, and even that is unlikely.

Some one remind me why I live in New Jersey?

Oh well - hope everyone has fun.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Smuggs has 100% of Sterling open. Wondering when Madonna 1 spins? Seems like that chair would open with most terrain already in play.

Jealous of anyone who gets to Jay this Saturday for opening of the Flyer. That's gonna be a lot of untouched!
I'm sure that the terrain off of the flyer is going to be far from untouched by the time Saturday rolls around.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Smuggs is going to open Madonna on Saturday, that should be pretty untouched sans turn-earners. I'm considering doing the crazy drive up Friday night, leave late Sunday afternoon thing, as I imagine if the woods on Sterling are open, the ropes will likely be dropped on the higher-up woods like Shakedown and Docs' etc....

Will need to get some good intel from tomorrow and Friday to see how good the conditions really are. Last thing I'd want is 13 hours of driving for conditions that turn out to be like those early-season meh Lucy with the football variety.