• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The best sking is found in the Northeast right now?

mriceyman

We may not have the biggest and best mountains but when your getting 4+' over a 2 week period it can sure be a boatload of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

I would imagine the best skiing in America is in the northeast right now. Smuggs was very good and Jay Peak was excellent this weekend. There is a TON of snow. I fell somewhere in BPG/AP on Saturday (a tree jumped right in front of me) and only my head was visible from the neck up.

C-Rex

Magic was pretty freakin awesome yesterday. Certainly one of my best days in the east. Actually, best days period.

ScottySkis

I would imagine the best skiing in America is in the northeast right now. Smuggs was very good and Jay Peak was excellent this weekend. There is a TON of snow. I fell somewhere in BPG/AP on Saturday (a tree jumped right in front of me) and only my head was visible from the neck up.

How come you never actually write trip report.

I think the Catskills will be very good this weekend .

dlague

Crazy stuff - high in Denver is going to be near 60F, while the high temp this coming Sunday at Cannon will be around 3F. Looks like a cold weekend ahead!

drjeff

Its got me holding off my plans for Utah. Many do a week in NNE in March instead.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Yup - originally, until my wife's business partner pulled a bit of a fast one on her, my family was supposed to be flying out to Vail this Friday for a week (My kids didn't think it was right if I just took them for the week and my wife not go - my wife liked hearing that) so we cancelled and I'm taking the kids to VT for the week and will be enjoying a snow surface that can rival almost anything you can get out West in good times, and is better by far than what they have out there now

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Still interesting to hear them actually say it. STE jumped on it also.

I was just talking to a dude from the Globe about this same thing.

In your opinion guys - where is the best snow in the Northeast right now? I was thinking southern VT / NH (at least east of NYS). The further North you get the lower snowfall bands were.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
I'll give you that. The west is soo smug, it is fun to see ;)

Still the TGR piece was basically a POV vid that I had seen already. I was thinking they'd back it up with numbers or...

Like maybe Stowe and Jay are reporting more snow this year than Alta... or something.

deadheadskier

Staff member

In your opinion guys - where is the best snow in the Northeast right now? I was thinking southern VT / NH (at least east of NYS). The further North you get the lower snowfall bands were.

Having skied both North Central VT (MRG) and Southern NH (Crotched) in the past week, I'd say there is no difference. The MRV North in VT got a foot last Friday evening that the south didn't.

If I'm lucky tomorrow I'll have a report on conditions from way Northern Maine as well.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'll give you that. The west is soo smug, it is fun to see ;)

Still the TGR piece was basically a POV vid that I had seen already. I was thinking they'd back it up with numbers or...

Like maybe Stowe and Jay are reporting more snow this year than Alta... or something.

I thought Jay was reporting something way over 200 the other day already. I might have just been dreaming though :)

HowieT2

I think the southern vermont mtns got a little more than northern VT in the latest wave of snows. That being said, conditions in the MRV are pretty freakin fantastic. it is game on everywhere such that we havent seen in a few years. I hit a creek this past weekend that was basically a pillow line. seriously. just tons of snow out there. get some.

bman1

I have a trip planned to Breckinridge the end of next week..It hasn't snowed in like 10 days! Of well, they still have more total this season than VT. I think they have 200 inches total. Killington has 150. It'll be spring like though.

dlague

I have a trip planned to Breckinridge the end of next week..It hasn't snowed in like 10 days! Of well, they still have more total this season than VT. I think they have 200 inches total. Killington has 150. It'll be spring like though.

Yup warming trend over there through the next week.

bdfreetuna

Pico / Killington. Sweet spot for snowfall and elevation this winter.

Anywhere on the spine will be skiing quite well and of course Jay attracts a bit more snow than surrounding areas.

I'm hoping to go to Burke this weekend, assuming it's not -10 degrees there with wind, and I'm pretty confident it won't let me down.

Go to Pico after this next clipper. I guarantee you goodness in this case. I also believe Bolton Valley should not be neglected at the moment.

AdironRider

Crazy stuff - high in Denver is going to be near 60F, while the high temp this coming Sunday at Cannon will be around 3F. Looks like a cold weekend ahead!

You realize Denver is not in the mountains right?