• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Feel the Power and Dance with Gravity .... only $600

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Are you kidding me?

eganpc.jpg

Edd

Wow. So, the ad doesn't mention bumps or any specific focus. If they just say "clinic", does that just mean generally make you a better skier?

I've never done one of these. $600 is rough, but if I believed I'd come out a better skier, maybe if suck it up.

VTKilarney

Despite the fact that he is a great skier is he a great teacher? At that price he better be.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
if I believed I'd come out a better skier, maybe if suck it up.
I'm sure you would. When I cliniced with PSIA back in the day we had two full days - I did that twice and I learned an awful lot. Some of which I still actually retain! And - truthfully - if I had the money and the time I'd seriously think about this. Actually I don't think I'd think - I'd more likely jump.

C-Rex

Is that an 8 hour day? $75/hour isn't really that bad. But that depends on class size. A day with a pro following you around and coaching you could really improve your game, if he's a good teacher. Throw in some apres beers and film of yourself, it's a decent deal. I don't know about dancing with gravity though. It usually steps on my feet a lot.

Cannonball

If this was Dan Egan, I'd already have the check signed, but $600 for John? Pfft

I'd say the exact opposite. Several reasons:
- I could take only take Dan's over-caffeinated, hyper-active style for about an hour. John is chill.
- John will head straight for the woods. Every time I've crossed paths with him at Sugarbush he's been heading off somewhere tight.
- John will surely be packing the kindest of the kind. Assuming that's part of the price and experience it could be well worth it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd say the exact opposite. Several reasons:
- I could take only take Dan's over-caffeinated, hyper-active style for about an hour. John is chill.
- John will head straight for the woods. Every time I've crossed paths with him at Sugarbush he's been heading off somewhere tight.
- John will surely be packing the kindest of the kind. Assuming that's part of the price and experience it could be well worth it.

Sorry.... should have included a ;)

I was being sarcastic. At one point there was a running joke on AZ essentially calling Dan the skiing equivalent of Chuck Norris.

Domeskier

How much does HS charge? Is this Egan character even in the top 50 at Killington?

VTKilarney

If the class is over two people, you're better of doing this through Sugarbush. Two people for two days is $644 per person if done at Sugarbush. Three people for two days at Sugarbush is $459 per person. Although you don't get the evening reception the night before.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well, Dan is the Chuck Norris of skiing!! And he's super cool in the sense. But John is the David Carradine of skiing.

John wraps a cord around his neck and genitals while skiing? Hey, if that's what makes you send it, who am I to judge.

That said, probably the only person I'd pay 600 clams to go skiing with right now is Anna Feninger.