• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jackson Hole Real Estate - Holy Sh!^

dlague

For the hell of it, I signed up for a trip give away to JH and low and behold in the email I got a link to Jackson Hole Real Estate. So curiosity gets me and I electronically thumb through this catalogue. Some of those properties are crazy prices - beautiful too! Then again, many of the ski areas out west seem to have the same real estate market for the most part. It is surprising how of these properties there are when you also start to include coastal properties, high rise pent houses. I think I made the wrong career move!

http://www.jhsir.com/current-catalogue

skiNEwhere

For the hell of it, I signed up for a trip give away to JH and low and behold in the email I got a link to Jackson Hole Real Estate. So curiosity gets me and I electronically thumb through this catalogue. Some of those properties are crazy prices - beautiful too! Then again, many of the ski areas out west seem to have the same real estate market for the most part. It is surprising how of these properties there are when you also start to include coastal properties, high rise pent houses. I think I made the wrong career move!

http://www.jhsir.com/current-catalogue

Teton county has the highest income per capita in the U.S. Prices match the income. Those houses weren't meant for the average joe to buy.

AdironRider

Teton county has the highest income per capita in the U.S. Prices match the income. Those houses weren't meant for the average joe to buy.

550k for a 1 bedroom is the cheapest "house" available right now.

We have guys with masters degrees making 75k and up living in vans. Even rentals are absurd.

This isn't really that bad, its one of the most desirable places to live in the world, with the best tax advantages in the states. If you can afford it, its an awesome place to live. I make it work in a 400 sq ft studio that most of you would laugh at.

Puck it

The old CEO for my company has a house outside of Jackson on the way to the resort. I skied with him when I was out there. He made out very well from the stock options.

bigbog

Think one has to go back to the days in the 60s when a few with any foresight began hunting down the relatively inexpensive land/properties.....

Last edited: