• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plattekill 2/14/15

Cornhead

Date(s) Skied: 2/14/15
Resort or Ski Area: Plattekill, Roxbury, NY
Conditions: Powder, Cut up Powder
Trip Report: Another stellar day at Platty, snowed nonstop all day, very fine snow, cleaned a couple inches off my car when I left. Everything skied great, tons of fresh snow in the trees, soft powder bumps everywhere else. Skied with fellow AZer's Scotty, JimG, and his Son. We hooked up with Benedict Gomez towards the end of the day. I made a couple runs with him, but then got separated from the group while exploring some trees.
1423969871739.jpg
1423969959594.jpg
JimG
1423969899174.jpg
Scotty and JimG in the trees
1423970018733.jpg
Blockbuster

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sweet. Can you take a look at your1923 road atlas for me? How far is Plattekill from Lee, MA.

steamboat1

For some reason Platty isn't on my 1923 map. In fact I can't find any ski areas on the map. Guess you'll have to find out yourself. Think you can handle it?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
It's about an hour from the Kingston exit off 87. It is definitely worth the trip, DHS!! Let let me know when you come and I will show you the goods. Good to see you again, Cornhead. Missed you this time around, Jim and Scott.

You can take the girl out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of her.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Thanks Marc! I maybe out in Western MA for work in a couple weeks. If so, perhaps I'll stick around for a Saturday there.

JimG.

Staff member
Really a great day. I figured I would have a Sugarloaf hangover but the numerous pockets of untouched powder made the skiing pretty spectacular. My last run down the right edge of the airbag jump over by the triple was almost untouched powder at 3:30.

Woods were fun today. Great company. Nice to meet you BG.

Cornhead

Google Maps, 105 miles, exactly the same distance for me from the West.

ScottySkis

This place always fun times with all my friends and great meeting Benedict G awesome with all!!!! Snowed all day in Roxbury on Saturday trees in play and Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 47277077 talking to owner if platty and how little I spent i on my new winthe er coat n it was way to start off the morning....