• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain Flag Love

Abominable

I hope when they get tattered from never being brought in that they are retired, not an addition to the unattended maintenance issues.

Bill, firstly, good job. Having worn camo in a few color guards in a prior life though.... just do your best not to let them get too beat up, or left up indefinitely. Technically the flag should not be up at night, unless directly illuminated. And if the mountains not open mid-week, I suppose they should come down. BUT, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good here, it's the thought that counts. I don't think any of those hippies up there are going to get their panties in a bunch... but someone might get an earful from a grizzly vet if things aren't attended to. Best of luck!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey Abo, I don't live in the area, so I can't control what goes on. I'm going to ask around to find someone to care for and feed them. If I can get them down at the end of ski season, I'll be happy.

Three flags:
US
Vermont
Switzerland.
I suppose people don't care what happens to the last two!

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The current plan is to put them up this Sunday, March 1st at the end of the ski day. That's because that's when I'll stop by with them. Drop me a note before hand or call me if you want to meet. AZ doesn't work on my smart phone.

The have one flagpole with one rope end on top. The other two are good to go. So we have to find a way to pull it down without vertical assists. Mt. ops can't look at it, it's a very busy weekend. If you are there, go ahead and inspect the poles for yourself. Otherwise, we'll only get 2 of 3 flags up this weekend and the other will have to wait until spring.

Thanks,
Bill

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Swiss flag went up late last night, after overtime at the bar. The other two flags can't go up now, the ropes are stuck on top of the pole. Tom W. has the other two at his condo on the mountain. He will be the guardian of the flags for now. If anyone wants to help with this dilemma, let me know.

attachment.php

If anyone wants to chip in $10 towards the $130 I spent, please PM me. I

Attachments

• WP_20150301_016.jpg
    WP_20150301_016.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 126