• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain Flag Love

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I've gone past the three lonely flagpoles in front of Magic long enough. Today I took action. I spoke with the Magicment about donating three flags and doing the logistics to get them up. I got their OK and an agreement on which flags. Switzerland (Birthplace Hans Thorner, founder of Magic), State of Vermont and a USA flag. I inspected the flagpole ropes and clasps today and some may need replacing. There may also need some re-threading on one.

I'm going to order the flags on Monday. It will cost roughly $100 for the three flags. The hardware, if needed is separate. If you'd like to pitch in on the cost, drop me a PM.

It will do a lot to spiff up the area. First impressions count and they will look nice in a photo. Hope to have them within two weeks.

Bill

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AUST0001.GIF
    AUST0001.GIF
    2.3 KB · Views: 309
  • united-states-flag_2267_68279268.jpg
    united-states-flag_2267_68279268.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 423
  • UNST0001.GIF
    UNST0001.GIF
    6.6 KB · Views: 425
  • swx.jpg
    swx.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

prsboogie

Hey Billski just thought you would like to see how MM has changed their snow report a bit.

If you are having problems viewing this in your email, please click here to view online.**DATE:*February 16, 2015***

Good morning skiers and riders, this is Connor with your Presidents day snow report.

*We have been lucky to receive another 6” of snow in the past few days! Conditions here are something to envy to say the least. With this much snow the mountain is able to open up all its terrain!

Today we are opening up your favorite mountain with all the groomers dressed in perfect corduroy. The glades still have plenty to offer with knee deep pockets hidden all over!*

Today the Red Chair will spin at 9:00AM and the rope tow will begin turning shortly after. The Alakazam tube park will open at 11am and go until 5pm. The Black Live Tavern will be open all day, serving up delicious food and drinks starting at 11am!

With the best terrain on the East Coast for beginners and experts alike, it’s no secret that Magic is the place for everyone to be! Come and enjoy the best groomers and glades New England has to offer during the winter that keeps on giving! Load up the car with your family and friends, and then make your way down the road to find a little Magic for yourselves! *

Not sure if you and RG had a direst effect but it doesn't read so EXTREME, 😉

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey Billski just thought you would like to see how MM has changed their snow report a bit.

Today we are opening up your favorite mountain with all the groomers dressed in perfect corduroy. The glades still have plenty to offer with knee deep pockets hidden all over!*

With the best terrain on the East Coast for beginners and experts alike, it’s no secret that Magic is the place for everyone to be! Come and enjoy the best groomers and glades New England has to offer during the winter that keeps on giving! Load up the car with your family and friends, and then make your way down the road to find a little Magic for yourselves! *

Yes, I've been following it, and it's nice to see someone else (you) noticed it. I have no vested interest, and regardless of my love for it, I always write from a skier's perspective.

I'm glad they dropped the "something for everyone." It was too perfunctory and broad brush, without any meaning. I do wish they would pump up the skiing for intermediates, and for those who just want to lay back on the cord and enjoy the views. I'd also like to hear them say how many trails are groomed. I guess I look at this more critically since I've worked in marketing for a few years.

Magic has a street rep that's hard to shake. The only way to shake it is to persist - day after day, week after week with the message. I'd love to see a "show me the money" "photo of the day" section. None of these things cost much money, just deliberate thought when preparing the report. I notice the Stowe report is sounding a little tired too. I guess that has a lot with Scott getting up at 4:00 am every day. Then again, listen to Eric over at MRG. He is an absolute riot to listen to (call the ski phone). It's a great way to start the day, even if you're just commuting to work!

It was a joy to see so many little tykes out yesterday, even though the temps probably scared folks away. They came, just late.

RustyGroomer

Count me in Bill. Let me go ski 1st. Gladly help Way to get things done.

MadMadWorld

Either they decided to reopen some trails or they still haven't updated their trail report....annoying either way

ThinkSnow

Its nice to see that folks agree that flags make a nice first impression. Last year sometime, Sugarbush rebuilt the stairs to its Mt. Ellen Lodge, and in the process removed their flagpoles.

slatham

Count me in for a contribution Bill. Great idea.

And you're right about the Magic rep. While we all know it deserves the expert/glade/extreme rep, it also deserves a rep for great intermediate terrain and grooming. Today was a groomers paradise and I took full advantage. Great to see all the ski teams out - sms came to Magic to train today and I saw jackets from several others. Magics team was running GS on Tali ( and thanks for keeping it open). Saw many lessons, kids, and families skiing the groomers. Just a great day.

AdironRider

So after proving to be completely inept and losing 3000 per "shareholder" you guys continue to fund the mountain for the owner?

Does he give a good handjob or something? I just don't get how every other mountain people bitch about pricing, then go out of their way to give stuff to this mountain for nothing.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
So after proving to be completely inept and losing 3000 per "shareholder" you guys continue to fund the mountain for the owner?Does he give a good handjob or something? I just don't get how every other mountain people bitch about pricing, then go out of their way to give stuff to this mountain for nothing.

Hey, this is MY idea, all by my lonesome; no "you guys" here. My loss so indict me. I ponied no money up for the "shareholder" offering. Not looking for an ROI, just looking back at the hill's checkered past since 1985. Will flags save them? Do I expect something in return? No way, but frankly, I can afford to lose $126. Even if I'm the only one to enjoy them, so be it. Very different from the $3K/share.

Bitch about ticket prices? Check out my track record - I get deals everywhere, including Magic. I may bitch, but I take action. The last Magic vouchers I got my hands on cost me $10 each. Go suck eggs!