• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain Flag Love

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think its pretty noble bill and of course you are free to spend your $ as you please

It is a nice gesture but I think that Magic would be better served if Bill paid full price for a lift ticket and brought some friends with him that did the same. Just MHO. They need more paying customers to survive.

steamboat1

3 flags for a little over $100 bucks. Such a deal.

It cost $200 bucks to paint one chair didn't it?

A noble cause but sad on the part of magicment if you ask me.

MMP

I've been a Magic regular for a long time and never noticed the flag poles. The speakers at the red chair base enhance my experience, but don't have anything to do with skiing. It all helps.

jrmagic

I've been a Magic regular for a long time and never noticed the flag poles. The speakers at the red chair base enhance my experience, but don't have anything to do with skiing. It all helps.

Those speakers were an awesome addition!! Agreed it all helps.

To those that are cynical I guess that is your perogative. Those of us that ski here regularly love the mountain, the people and the vibe and all really don't give a rats as about those cynical views.

steamboat1

You'd think that magicment could fork over 100 bucks for flags instead of Billski having to do a fund raiser to make it happen. Toilet paper probably runs 100 bucks on a busy weekend. Anyone chipping in for toilet paper?

MMP

You'd think that magicment could fork over 100 bucks for flags instead of Billski having to do a fund raiser to make it happen. Toilet paper probably runs 100 bucks on a busy weekend. Anyone chipping in for toilet paper?

Crowd sourcing $125 is pretty ghetto IMO. You want flags, buy them. Magic buying them may be one of the worst expenditures I could imagine them making.

"Magicment"? Please stop.

rocks860

Crowd sourcing $125 is pretty ghetto IMO. You want flags, buy them. Magic buying them may be one of the worst expenditures I could imagine them making.

"Magicment"? Please stop.

I've got to agree with this. I'd rather have them spending money on improving the skiing before things to improve aesthetics. Not taking anything away from bills efforts but I think the mountain has more important things to worry about

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It is a nice gesture but I think that Magic would be better served if Bill paid full price for a lift ticket and brought some friends with him that did the same. Just MHO. They need more paying customers to survive.
I paid full price for a ticket last week. Did you read my TRs? My low level intermediate skier is coming back this weekend with three friends. They will all be paying full freight. I've directed many people to Magic this way. It would be nice if you knew your facts and not address me in the third person. I suppose a mile-high view of the situation has a way of fogging the mind.

MadMadWorld

I paid full price for a ticket last week. Did you read my TRs? My low level intermediate skier is coming back this weekend with three friends. They will all be paying full freight. I've directed many people to Magic this way. It would be nice if you knew your facts and not address me in the third person. I suppose a mile-high view of the situation has a way of fogging the mind.

I think this is where the confusion lies Billski....I can understand where TB was thrown off by this post:

Hey, this is MY idea, all by my lonesome; no "you guys" here. My loss so indict me. I ponied no money up for the "shareholder" offering. Not looking for an ROI, just looking back at the hill's checkered past since 1985. Will flags save them? Do I expect something in return? No way, but frankly, I can afford to lose $126. Even if I'm the only one to enjoy them, so be it. Very different from the $3K/share.

Bitch about ticket prices? Check out my track record - I get deals everywhere, including Magic. I may bitch, but I take action. The last Magic vouchers I got my hands on cost me $10 each. Go suck eggs!

skimagic

Thanks for getting the Flags Billski, I hope to see them flying in the wind next time I get up there, Brings back some of the old flair when flags and banners ruled Magic Village.

MMP

I hope when they get tattered from never being brought in that they are retired, not an addition to the unattended maintenance issues.

Last edited:

SIKSKIER

What the hell is wrong with you jerks?A caring person buys flags out of his own pocket and installs them and all you sorry asses can do is rip him for it?Wow.

dlague

What the hell is wrong with you jerks?A caring person buys flags out of his own pocket and installs them and all you sorry asses can do is rip him for it?Wow.

I am with you, though I can not help to put them up, I did offer to pitch in monetarily and I thought is was a nice gesture.

MMP

Really? Name calling? Grow up.