• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best/Worst Ski Trail Names

TropicTundR

Trail at Mountain Creek, NJ was called Devil's Bit for as far back as I can recall.

This year it was changed to Grand Prix

chuckstah

East: Triple Trouble at Loon and Paradise at both Mad River Valley neighbors. Out west: Devils Crotch at Breck and Mary's Nipple at Grand Targhee.

Skimaine

At black mountain they have two trails ( Lostbo and Lostbo glades) apparently according to local legend it was a Les Otten diss; it stands for Les Otten Sucks The Big One

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Where the hell is the like button. LOL

skimagic

Best- Blubber @ whaleback

Worst - Medium @ magic ... I always tried to like it but can't. In addition to the new flags they need to rename this trail - Illusion, spell, rabbit... anything!

the former Elk Meadows had a Beatles song title theme.

MadMadWorld

Best- Blubber @ whaleback

Worst - Medium @ magic ... I always tried to like it but can't. In addition to the new flags they need to rename this trail - Illusion, spell, rabbit... anything!

the former Elk Meadows had a Beatles song title theme.

On the flip side....how can you not love 33 & 1/3

makimono

King Ridge, Alice in Wonderland theme. Helped with the family kid friendly marketing. I think I remember Madhatter and Humpty Dumpty images painted in the lodge. Both are still active ski blogging.

Loved skiing King Ridge in the 70's...The Jaberwocky and The Lobster-Quadrille were favorites...remember graduating to the expert section and lapping the Mad Hatter with it's rocket ride high speed T-Bar.

skiNEwhere

Sis Boom Bah - Jay Peak

I thought sis boom bah got removed as a trail since it couldn't hold any snow due to the wind.

Naked lady at snowmass
Drunken Frenchman at winter park
Awe Chute at winter park

ExtremeRyan

I love the Sunday River trail names that are that are themed around the peak names. Aurora has trails that are sky themed like Northern Lights and Celestial. Oz has Flying Monkey, Emerald City, Tin Woodsman, ect. I think that's pretty clever as opposed to things like Liftline, which a lot of resorts seem to have on their map.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

tnt1234

Best -

Misery Whip - Sugarloaf
Goat - Stowe. Don't know why I like that name so much. It's just strikes me a funny...

Worst -

All the NY highway named trails at Hunter. Who the hell wants to be thinking about traffic and potholes, and commuting to work when you are out on a mountain enjoying the the outdoors? Really takes away something for me.

ScottySkis

Best -

Misery Whip - Sugarloaf
Goat - Stowe. Don't know why I like that name so much. It's just strikes me a funny...

Worst -

All the NY highway named trails at Hunter. Who the hell wants to be thinking about traffic and potholes, and commuting to work when you are out on a mountain enjoying the the outdoors? Really takes away something for me.
I don't think the original owners of Hunter where thinking about that in the 1950s when they named the trails. I don't care of the name's. I just glad to be skiing in fun steep Snow. They were in construction business originally so that probably has something to due with the names. You need to relax more maybe take some Mj with next time at hunter.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk