• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Feb 22-23rd - Dump a Day Club

BenedictGomez

I think it's pretty funny you pull these maps from "tropicaltidbits!" That's the last place I would trust for snow info! ;)

The fix is in! That's one of the 3 places I pull maps from, it's decent, but they dont have access to everything and you're working on a bit of a delay.

BenedictGomez

Good news.

NWS is taking snow totals up based on "real life" observations.

StormTotalSnowRange.png

Rowsdower

That changed quick. Yesterday we were looking at all rain in the flatlands and now thats where the bullseye is going to be.

Going to try for the Catskills tomorrow if the roads permit.

Wavewheeler

My kind of storm: It's going to snow/mix/rain here at home over the weekend so work Monday-Tuesday won't be affected. Working on my days off because it snows when I'm supposed to be working isn't good. :(

I'm hoping it will snow where I'm planning to ski Wednesday. Going to head over to Blue Mountain in PA for a day trip skiing with my daughter so hoping for a good shot of snow out in PA with little to no mixing of rain. Yes, I should head North but my daughter needs to be home by 8pm so we need to keep it under 2 hours away.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Looks like Southern VT will probably be safe. It also looks to go no further inland than about Nashua NH, running parallel to the coast. Heading through it in the morning to get to the soft stuff at the end of I-93N.

Wavewheeler

It's snowing here at the Jersey Shore. It's Saturday, I'm home napping and watching Netflix/playing video games and I'm waiting until Wednesday to enjoy a midweek ski day. :)

Rowsdower

Snowing here in central NJ at a pretty good clip. Probably an inch on the ground already. Hopefully roads are clear tomorrow for a shot at the Catskills. Otherwise I have Wednesday off for another go but would love to get something fresh.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The rain-snow line dropped south substantially for Massachusetts. It's now as low as I-84, to Bedford Mass. and then up the coast. Looks to me like Sundown, so. VT and so. NH have been spared. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Snow started here around 3:30. Cars are covered. Looking for about 4". The line seems a bit wobbly according to the forecasters from the NWS.

chuckstah

Steady snow now in southern NH. Just starting to accumulate. May hit Whaleback for $20 Sunday morning if things look good in the morning. Last day of my pass blackout, and supporting the whale is always a good idea.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Was heading to SR for Monday but I see a high of 3. Golly.
I must be nuts or something; I don't find skiing in below zero temps to be a problem; I actually enjoy myself. I don't poke around, and I take more breaks than usual (for my toes usually), but the conditions are usually best, the crowd and lines non-existent. I actually enjoy the slower lifts when it's that cold though. Less wind chill.

Edd

I must be nuts or something; I don't find skiing in below zero temps to be a problem; I actually enjoy myself. I don't poke around, and I take more breaks than usual (for my toes usually), but the conditions are usually best, the crowd and lines non-existent. I actually enjoy the slower lifts when it's that cold though. Less wind chill.

As long as the winds are mellow I agree with all of this. I'm just not so eager to deal with the cold as I used to be. High of 13 on Tuesday so that's pretty sweet....I guess.

Wavewheeler

Still snowing lightly here at the Jersey Shore. We have a few inches on the ground. It's supposed to go up into the 40s and turn to rain, which I wouldn't mind because then I wouldn't have to shovel my work truck out (again). Right now the rain looks to be well off the coast so it'll be a few hours. I'm hoping it stays snow inland.

If it's sunny, windless and single digits it's not a problem at all. I find that kind of weather refreshing and when I'm dressed for it it's great. Sometimes I wish I had those boot heaters. I've seen a few with them and they look sweet. My feet are always the coldest part of me.

Temps this week look like they are mellowing out. I'm seeing teens and 20s, which is downright warm and am hoping to get out at least twice at the end of the week.