• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Feb 22-23rd - Dump a Day Club

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Something might be brewing for Sunday/Monday, after a quiet week ahead.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• feb222.jpg
    feb222.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 403
  • feb22a.jpg
    feb22a.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 401
  • feb22b.jpg
    feb22b.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 402

j law

Might be a little early on this one for a thread. It's been on models for a few days now so maybe.

Never too early to speculate about a storm... That's how us city dwellers know how to plan for when a nasty cold might be coming on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

catsup948

Ok I'll bite on this one. I like the look of the GFS best for this area right now. Sub 1000 millibar low straight over the canal. More amped than the Canadian which has a similar track. Euro is a weaker inland runner still has some snow inland to start. Its not a powerful system as right now but could have a decent front end thump.

BenedictGomez

The only good news is that this is 5 days away, meaning, it might not even happen.

Alternatively, it is the OP run, so we can hope it's an outlier.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_us_20.png

catsup948

GFS is getting worse on this one for me. Elevated areas around here would do well with this solution. Lets see how this plays out. 5 days away....

BenedictGomez

The Dump a Day is a bucket of water dumped via the Canadian. It has an absolute super-soaker Sunday with temps pushing 50 degrees in some areas.

gem_mslp_pcpn_us_17.png

gem_T2m_us_18.png

The GFS is cooler, so hopefully the American model wins the day, in which case much of ski area would still be screwed, but at least the northern areas might stay snow and elevation in other areas might (fingers crossed) save the day.

On a brighter note, Saturday now seems okay to ski (i.e. not savagely cold).
gfs_T850_us_18.png

catsup948

This took a very bad trend for out this way. Hopefully it can come southeast a bit. No cold high pressure to the north keeping the warmth out.