• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Heading to Waterville this weekend need intel

4aprice

As I say when someone does something at Cannon. Go back to Loon!

Puck it firing arrows at Loon. I like Loon, always have. I like the original layout (have not hit South Peak), I like the hill as a nice combination of cruisers and steeps with some decent bumps and trees, like the facilities including the 4 passenger gondola and the Octagon Lodge and bar, have always thought it was run very well. I like Lincoln too. In a year like this where everything is open it is a fun mountain.

That said I do understand it is the darling of Boston. My son tells me it is also a very popular mountain with the kids at PSU and many of them have passes there. It's association with Sunday River and Sugarloaf is a nice package for someone in range of those areas. That would not be me so I steered the boy toward the 4NH pass. A visit for me would be pricey but Its not out of the question that I could visit it this March. Hell, I'd love to do a day at all 3 of them (Cannon, Loon , Waterville).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ