• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Heading to Waterville this weekend need intel

Smellytele

Don't bother with the high country area also stay away from the quadzilla /valley run. Sunnyside has the best blacks North can be fun hitting the blues

Vortex

First thing is go the speed limit after you get off 93 all the way to the mountain. Bobby's run and Ciao and Gema are trails I think you would like. I took a few runs with you years ago at mtn jam with tha artist formally known as DMC.. Those probably will be the most to your liking.

The village itself if great apres ski especailly for kids. Great place for families.

skifree

you must do high country at least once. stay on the sunnyside triple for most of your day. ciao/gemma/true grit/and lower bobbys are all off this chair.
schwendi hut is a cool little watering hole

4aprice

Ski as much of it as you can. Not sure how much time the competition will take out of your day, but Waterville is not so large that most of it can't be covered in a day.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

deadheadskier

Staff member
Haha.. whoops....I still wouldn't mess with Loon. I drove by Cannon around 10AM this morning. Didn't look busy at all.

hammer

Usually not bad, mass people are moving out and Nh coming in = travel day !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Good point, although I'd still be concerned about going to Loon. If I go there on a weekend I avoid Saturdays, each time I've been there on a Saturday it has been a zoo.

JDMRoma

Good point, although I'd still be concerned about going to Loon. If I go there on a weekend I avoid Saturdays, each time I've been there on a Saturday it has been a zoo.

Good point too ! Loon weekend = Zoo city !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

1Kathleen

Canon was empty today, skied straight to lift. Snowed heavy all day. They got 8 inches last night a few during the day and more is expected tonight. They did no grooming so it was a powder day. Good advice about going the speed limit on route 49. It's an easy road to go fast on and there is a speed trap every day of the year! Only go up to the top of high country if it's a clear day. That lift is painfully slow.

Looks like you all have convinced me to go to Cannon tomorrow. Now I need intel on that or who wants to meet us?

KD7000

What kind of intel do you really need? Drive to mountain, ski all the trails, ski all the woods. Enjoy.

dlague

you must do high country at least once. stay on the sunnyside triple for most of your day. ciao/gemma/true grit/and lower bobbys are all off this chair.
schwendi hut is a cool little watering hole

+1 on Sunnyside.