• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Posting Fatigue

skiNEwhere

Is there such a thing? Where you post and lurk on this site so much that you just get sick of it and don't want to visit the forum anymore?

I have kind of felt this way the last month or so. I thought it was because I'm mad envious of you guys shredding pow the last few weeks, but I haven't been very active on Epicski either. How do you guys with 10k+ posts do it? Strict training regime?

Hawkshot99

I go through phases. Sometimes I post a lot, others I don't feel like it, but I usually still come in to read.

There are certain people on here who make me get tired of here quicker....

Scruffy

Is there such a thing? Where you post and lurk on this site so much that you just get sick of it and don't want to visit the forum anymore?

I have kind of felt this way the last month or so. I thought it was because I'm mad envious of you guys shredding pow the last few weeks, but I haven't been very active on Epicski either. How do you guys with 10k+ posts do it? Strict training regime?

Hey, skiNEwhere, I wanted to ask you how Aspen is skiing? What skis have you been taking to the mountain?

Thanks

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Not that I have 10k posts, but I definitely go through ebs and flows. I tend to stay away when it's snowing and I can't ski. Then I get bored at work and am drawn back here.

Savemeasammy

I go through phases. Sometimes I post a lot, others I don't feel like it, but I usually still come in to read.

There are certain people on here who make me get tired of here quicker....

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiNEwhere

Hey, skiNEwhere, I wanted to ask you how Aspen is skiing? What skis have you been taking to the mountain?

Thanks

I bought a 4 pack earlier this season and the conditions just haven't warranted using them. From what I hear though, aspen has unfortunately missed some big storms that have dumped a foot plus on the northern Mtn's like Breck and copper. While almost all the terrain is open, there's certainly better conditions to be found in the state.

dlague

I find myself looking for that captivating post that will be of interest. Got bored with some of the longer running threads. I do like the trip reports! The weather threads are also a draw for me. It is tough when things get repeated though, however, I am on here year round so that is likely to happen.

Cornhead

10,000 posts! Wow, you've earned those multiple lift tickets you've won. Your thumbs must be in great shape, or worn out, arthritis?

ScottySkis

Thanks everyone didn't even know with mobile application doesn't show posts count. Won whole two free tickets. Actually thanks a zone I had something to due on boring long but ride commute which was 1.5 hours each way in good day that commute ended at end of May last year so I posts more then average a Z regular now I think.

wa-loaf

I earned my 10k a few years ago. Don't post nearly as much as I used to. I follow weather threads and trip reports. Don't have the energy to engage in long drawn out arguments where no one will change their minds ...

bvibert

Staff member
I definitely go through highs and lows. I haven't been posting nearly as much as I used to, but I still keep coming back for more.

It would be nice to hit 30,000 posts... maybe I'll quit then... :lol:

dlague

I definitely go through highs and lows. I haven't been posting nearly as much as I used to, but I still keep coming back for more.

You might have been if it were not for the lost week or two!

ctenidae

I, too, ebb and flow, wax and wane, come and go. I'm kid- and location-limited on skiing opportunities, and so really just check in on the Misc Forum these days. Sometimes you guys are interesting, sometimes not so much. Sometimes I have something interesting/funny/poignant to add, usually I don't.

ctenidae

Just wanted to point out you did this recently.
Randomly trolling old threads while on a conference call...

jimk

In case you guys didn't know it, the OP suffered a serious injury/injuries speed flying in Utah some months ago in 2020. He's recovering, but it's a long, tough haul. Broken back, ankle, and other stuff. Speed flying is done with a small, high performance hang glider. Hope @skiNEwhere doesn't mind that I share this info. He's a friend of ours and could use some prayers and good vibes.