• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Are helmet heads the worst?

Cornhead

My head always looks like a helmet, if I don't shave for awhile, it looks like a helmet with a fuzzy ring around it. Before I started skiing with a helmet, my buddy was telling me how warm they are, bullshit, maybe if you still have fur on your head, I forgo safety for warmth on very cold days and break out my trusty Mad Bomber hat. The sacrifice of that rabbit's life has been greatly appreciated by me for a long time.

Attachments

• 1424434792857.jpg
    1424434792857.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 61

C-Rex

Best feelings after skiing or riding:

1) Taking your boots off. This one can't be beat.

2) Taking your helmet off and scratching your head.

3) Getting into a hot shower or hot tub.

2 and 3 are really close, but nothing will ever de-throne #1.

dlague

Best feelings after skiing or riding:

1) Taking your boots off. This one can't be beat.

2) Taking your helmet off and scratching your head.

3) Getting into a hot shower or hot tub.

2 and 3 are really close, but nothing will ever de-throne #1.

My boots are comfortable so I do not get #1. # 2 yes but then I put a hat on and #3 I generally day trip so that comes a little later.

For me the best feeling is sitting down and having a beer! :beer:

steamboat1

Boots don't bother me & I don't wear a helmet so 1 & 2 are out. Rarely go into a hot tub so that's out to but a hot shower is nice. To me the best part of the day is when I take my knee brace off.

dlague

Boots don't bother me & I don't wear a helmet so 1 & 2 are out. Rarely go into a hot tub so that's out to but a hot shower is nice. To me the best part of the day is when I take my knee brace off.

Good point - knee brace off is a good feeling and definitely concur from experience!

C-Rex

My boots are super comfy too, but I still love taking them off at the end of the day. I don't need a knee brace (yet. knocks on wood) but I can imagine taking one off feeling great after a long day. I also love taking off compression-type thermals after a day riding.