• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington skiing into June.!

Cornhead

Plattekill had mule skiing on St Paddy's day a couple yrs ago, got off the triple, loaded your skis onto a rack mounted on a utility ATV, got a ride to the top of Blockbuster, pretty cool.

dlague

k opened on monday nov 3 on the north ridge (glades) pod with the stairs and went t-t-b on sat nov 15.

for those who missed it, after they installed the k1, for a few years they used trucks to move skiers back & forth to the north ridge. here's a video i made back in '98 documenting that madness. this was saturday october 24. they shut it down the following day.

Wow they opened that up with fairly thin coverage too!

catsup948

Yes, I remember you poor souls were still hiking the stairs to wait in line to ride the triple. Meanwhile in New Hampshire we were running express quads with no lines a week before Killington opened to the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Skiing is skiing. Most people would rather do a shorter drive to hike stairs. Killington has a market on early and late season skiing. I personally will go there early and late because it's a day trip for me.

dlague

Skiing is skiing. Most people would rather do a shorter drive to hike stairs. Killington has a market on early and late season skiing. I personally will go there early and late because it's a day trip for me.

Ditto! Then again most of Vermont and New Hampshire are driving distance for me.

Quietman

How does it take you almost 4 hours to get to Wildcat? I live fairly close to you, and it takes me 2.5 hours.

Really Joshua, you must be a very careful driver! I can make it to SR in just over 3 hours.

Newpylong

Yes, I remember you poor souls were still hiking the stairs to wait in line to ride the triple. Meanwhile in New Hampshire we were running express quads with no lines a week before Killington opened to the bottom.

There were no stairs in 1998.