• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

nyc chick looking to share ride up to killington this weekend

deadheadskier

Staff member
I would say abc and skifane are the only real regulars currently on AZ.

Other women occasionally, but that's usually around the time of the summit.

abc

Women are generally uninterested by message boards unless you are discussing weddings, babies, decorating, party planning or preferably all of the above.
I believe the reason is illuminated within this response, if you read between the lines.
But who needs to read, never mind between the lines, when he think "it's clear"?

You don't have to read between the lines Harvey. I think it's clear that women generally aren't interested in the types of discussion.
What's most "clear" is some men "think it's clear" because it fits their stereotype of women.

Women aren't interested on forums where mad man shouts the loudest even reasonable men don't have a voice.

MadMadWorld

But who needs to read, never mind between the lines, when he think "it's clear"?

What's most "clear" is some men "think it's clear" because it fits their stereotype of women.

Women aren't interested on forums where mad man shouts the loudest even reasonable men don't have a voice.

Lol I don't even know where to start. You seem to ignore the fact that I used the term "generally" over and over again. I am just pointing out facts that that there are less than I handful of women that post on here or any other ski forum. It is what it is and has nothing to do with "female friendly" PC bullshit. Go to the Knot and forums like that and I would guarantee you would see probably the same amount of guys that this forum has women. Do you think that site isn't "man friendly"? I can't believe I even have to make this argument.

bdfreetuna

It's my impression that on average, women skiers are less interested in talking about every single aspect of the sport ad nauseam using the format of an internet message board. The fact that there are already few women here could be a deterrent for some women.

You're good Scotty. Believe it or not most women aren't bra burners lacking any sense of humor. Most women could easily hang here "with the guys" if it happened to be interesting enough for them to bother.

I'm all for reaching out to more women somehow but drinking the poison political correctness (or acting all shocked if someone makes a sex or gender based joke) isn't the way to go about it.

C-Rex

I'm attended. Very, VERY attended. :LOL:

Ski Stef seems pretty hot. Sorry Nick, it had to be said. I hope you're not attended. Just a compliment.

C-Rex

It's my impression that on average, women skiers are less interested in talking about every single aspect of the sport ad nauseam using the format of an internet message board. The fact that there are already few women here could be a deterrent for some women.

You're good Scotty. Believe it or not most women aren't bra burners lacking any sense of humor. Most women could easily hang here "with the guys" if it happened to be interesting enough for them to bother.

I'm all for reaching out to more women somehow but drinking the poison political correctness (or acting all shocked if someone makes a sex or gender based joke) isn't the way to go about it.

Well said. I agree. Most girls I know that are really into skiing or riding still don't like to discuss it endlessly as you said. Plus, the banter, I feel, is generally a guy thing. That said, I've recently been introduced to a lovely lady that is comparably obsessed with snowboarding. God, is it a turn on! Only girl I've ever been able to talk shop with that really got it and could contribute just like one of my guy friends.

Higgl

I don't know if the quality is there. Not exactly the place for hotties. On a side note, female snowboarders are substantially hotter than female skiers as a general rule. Just my opinion but feel free to debate.

Women are generally uninterested by message boards unless you are discussing weddings, babies, decorating, party planning or preferably all of the above.

Okay I can admit when I am wrong. I used the Google and was surprised at what came up. Some very attractive ladies but I bet they all have bushy armpits.

You don't have to read between the lines Harvey. I think it's clear that women generally aren't interested in the types of discussion.

And men generally are interested in this kind of discussion? You do realize that everyone on this site in the minority of the minority. Most people, men or women, don't spend their time running around any kind of internet forum, NEVERMIND a forum on something as niche both economically and geographically as skiing is.

I would say the reason this is so sexist is because you used the word generally. Don't try and force an entire gender, male or female, into some kind of box like that. That's the entire reason why gender is still such a huge issue in the world today.

There are not a lot of women on this site, yes. However, that does not mean MOST women, or most women who shave their armpits and wear makeup and act as your sexist little mind thinks women should act are or are not interested in these topics. I have as many guy friends as I do female friends that love to talk about all the ins and outs of skiing beyond the topics you seem to think all women only want to talk about.

And Jesus Christ dude, bushy armpits? Are you stuck in the 70s-hippie world?

MadMadWorld

And men generally are interested in this kind of discussion? You do realize that everyone on this site in the minority of the minority. Most people, men or women, don't spend their time running around any kind of internet forum, NEVERMIND a forum on something as niche both economically and geographically as skiing is.

I would say the reason this is so sexist is because you used the word generally. Don't try and force an entire gender, male or female, into some kind of box like that. That's the entire reason why gender is still such a huge issue in the world today.

There are not a lot of women on this site, yes. However, that does not mean MOST women, or most women who shave their armpits and wear makeup and act as your sexist little mind thinks women should act are or are not interested in these topics. I have as many guy friends as I do female friends that love to talk about all the ins and outs of skiing beyond the topics you seem to think all women only want to talk about.

If your going to be a white knight your in the wrong place. And if you are looking for an apology you are also mistaken. You really don't know anything about me or my sense of humor so relax.

BenedictGomez

Don't try and force an entire gender, male or female, into some kind of box like that. That's the entire reason why gender is still such a huge issue in the world today.

Biology, chemical differences, and thousands of years of human evolution clearly have nothing to do with it.

C-Rex

Wow! Someone's easily attended.

MMW's comments come from observation, and the data available to those of us who've been posting here for a while definitely supports it. No one is saying ALL women are the same. So climb down off that rag and get a sense of humor.