• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

nyc chick looking to share ride up to killington this weekend

Tin

ISWPPB2.jpg

marebear

Lone chick weighing in......

I've been boarding for 23 years and skied 12 before that. I would rather talk about skiing and riding than anything else but choose not to spend a bunch of time on a keyboard chatting. That being said, I love reading through the threads here and also check Kzone daily for info and nonsense. I will admit I am entertained by "boy's" humor, spirited debates, dirty double entendres, and ski-off challenges and whatever hilarity that ensues when egos clash. I am never offended by anything said here or on any other forum. I am a "guy's gal" and am B*O*R*E*D with celebrity gossip,designer crap, and the usual chick drama. I can carve a mountain up like nobody's business and also mountain climb,hike,cycle,kayak,waterski,wakeboard and hit the gym-hard. I realize that I may be setting myself up for a few jokes(especially by Kzone opponents),but that's ok. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew it would melt...fast. nyc chick was unknowingly opening herself up for one liners and the like. I couldn't wait to see the responses. Anyway, my point here is just because we may not be actively posting does not mean we are not hanging around. I look forward to the banter and am missing my beloved sport and these forums all summer long. Then, I switch to paddling.net and various hiking forums, but they are YAWNS compared to you guys!! Thanks for the laughs...

octopus

nobody even asked for pics. weak.

i've seen skistef in person and she's a ok in my book, know what i'm sayin.(scottie p voice)

MadMadWorld

I've been boarding for 23 years and skied 12 before that. I would rather talk about skiing and riding than anything else but choose not to spend a bunch of time on a keyboard chatting. That being said, I love reading through the threads here and also check Kzone daily for info and nonsense. I will admit I am entertained by "boy's" humor, spirited debates, dirty double entendres, and ski-off challenges and whatever hilarity that ensues when egos clash. I am never offended by anything said here or on any other forum. I am a "guy's gal" and am B*O*R*E*D with celebrity gossip,designer crap, and the usual chick drama. I can carve a mountain up like nobody's business and also mountain climb,hike,cycle,kayak,waterski,wakeboard and hit the gym-hard. I realize that I may be setting myself up for a few jokes(especially by Kzone opponents),but that's ok. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew it would melt...fast. nyc chick was unknowingly opening herself up for one liners and the like. I couldn't wait to see the responses. Anyway, my point here is just because we may not be actively posting does not mean we are not hanging around. I look forward to the banter and am missing my beloved sport and these forums all summer long. Then, I switch to paddling.net and various hiking forums, but they are YAWNS compared to you guys!! Thanks for the laughs...

I don't know what to say other than....YES!!

marebear

I don't know what to say other than....YES!!

....good call on your snowboard vs skier girls. When I first started boarding the sport was dominated by teen boys in baggy pants. Because of the lack of females, I felt like a celebrity and was barraged with questions and interest about the sport and transitioning from skiing. It was a blast. Somewhere in the middle of 20+ years a lot has happened,but one thing remains...a girl ripping down a steep or through the trees on a board is Hot....imho.:smile:

abc

I am just pointing out facts that that there are less than I handful of women that post on here or any other ski forum.
No, you didn't "point out a fact". You offered an OPINION as to WHY you "think" women are under-represented. And that opinion, when someone pointed out it's ignorant, you insist it's "clearly" right because it's YOUR opinion!

You may even take solace on that you're not alone here. You have many other sexist guys just like you... And you're the loudest so the less vocal minority who called you out on it got shouted down. For any women coming to this board, your biased voice is all they'll see.

That's got a lot more to do with WHY women are under-represented here.

steamboat1

No, you didn't "point out a fact". You offered an OPINION as to WHY you "think" women are under-represented. And that opinion, when someone pointed out it's ignorant, you insist it's "clearly" right because it's YOUR opinion!

You may even take solace on that you're not alone here. You have many other sexist guys just like you... And you're the loudest so the less vocal minority who called you out on it got shouted down. For any women coming to this board, your biased voice is all they'll see.

Fiesty brawd!!!

I like that.

abc

BTW, women maybe under-represented on this forum, it's not AS under-represented as most think. Many of the chicks use handles that doesn't have clear indication of their sex. The forum regulars thinking in the same groove as MadMadWorld naturally assume any handle that's not HoneyBunny are NOT a woman!

I work in the IT field, where a lot of Indians and Chinese works. Every time we got a resume with an Indian or Chinese name, just about everyone assumes it's a man! Granted, women in IT are relatively under-represented also. Still, people got a shock when they walk into a room to meet a Neru or Jian found a woman there!

gladerider

....good call on your snowboard vs skier girls. When I first started boarding the sport was dominated by teen boys in baggy pants. Because of the lack of females, I felt like a celebrity and was barraged with questions and interest about the sport and transitioning from skiing. It was a blast. Somewhere in the middle of 20+ years a lot has happened,but one thing remains...a girl ripping down a steep or through the trees on a board is Hot....imho.:smile:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

MadMadWorld

DHS can't you run some report on this? Susan B. Anthony here needs to be put in her place.

BTW, women maybe under-represented on this forum, it's not AS under-represented as most think. Many of the chicks use handles that doesn't have clear indication of their sex. The forum regulars thinking in the same groove as MadMadWorld naturally assume any handle that's not HoneyBunny are NOT a woman!

I work in the IT field, where a lot of Indians and Chinese works. Every time we got a resume with an Indian or Chinese name, just about everyone assumes it's a man! Granted, women in IT are relatively under-represented also. Still, people got a shock when they walk into a room to meet a Neru or Jian found a woman there!

You are what is wrong with feminist views these days. Although I don't know how many "chicks" at the hen house would appreciate you calling them that!

Marebear chimed her with her opinion and you completely ignored it but because it didn't go along with your opinion.

Congratulations you work in a field with few woman. Nothing is preventing women from going into that field if they really want to you silly goose! Just like nothing is stopping men from going into careers traditionally held by women like social work and nursing.