• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

nyc chick looking to share ride up to killington this weekend

robbie

anyone driving up to killington on friday late afternoon / evening? looking to split car / gas.

C-Rex

Scotty's motto: Cash, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free. :cool:

But I think his incoherent-ness makes him nonthreatening so no harm done. :lol:

BenedictGomez

Sex for money. Ha he how it go you catch a ride?

Wow, Scotty just got all creepy; I didn't know he was going to do that.

Scotty's motto: Cash, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free. :cool:

But I think his incoherent-ness makes him nonthreatening so no harm done. :lol:

I met him recently at Platty and can confirm the nonthreatening bit. Also, he's completely coherent in person, which makes the EFL (English as a Fourth Language) posting-style even more puzzling.

jrmagic

Wow, Scotty just got all creepy; I didn't know he was going to do that.

I met him recently at Platty and can confirm the nonthreatening bit. Also, he's completely coherent in person, which makes the EFL (English as a Fourth Language) posting-style even more puzzling.

Yeah I'm thinking she won't be back lol. As for that last part that is pretty funny. Maybe the weed causes translation issues only in his typing? :confused:

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
IMO ski forums suffer from a lack of female input. I'll never understand why the knee-jerk reaction of some is to offend and effectively drive them away.

MadMadWorld

IMO ski forums suffer from a lack of female input. I'll never understand why the knee-jerk reaction of some is to offend and effectively drive them away.

Does anyone seriously believe that in their first post on an Internet message board some girl was trying to catch a ride? Seems very 70s hippy-ish. Not sure what the goal of the post was but call me a skeptic that "Robbie" is real.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Happens on music forums all the time actually. Very 2010s hippy-ish chicks looking to get to Phish shows. Scotty should cruise the Phantasy Tour forums for women. Probably have a bit better luck than here.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Whether or not the OP was "real" or not, to me is beside the point. Women are underrepresented in every forum except Ski Diva, where men are prohibited. Any theories on why?

MadMadWorld

Happens on music forums all the time actually. Very 2010s hippy-ish chicks looking to get to Phish shows. Scotty should cruise the Phantasy Tour forums for women. Probably have a bit better luck than here.

I don't know if the quality is there. Not exactly the place for hotties. On a side note, female snowboarders are substantially hotter than female skiers as a general rule. Just my opinion but feel free to debate.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm guessing they don't like the aggressive bro brah posting dialogue of many male forum members. Conversations can often devolve into a richard waving contest

MadMadWorld

Whether or not the OP was "real" or not, to me is beside the point. Women are underrepresented in every forum except Ski Diva, where men are prohibited. Any theories on why?

Women are generally uninterested by message boards unless you are discussing weddings, babies, decorating, party planning or preferably all of the above.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll browse phantasy tour to find leaked tour dates before band announcements. It can save you hundreds on hotel rooms because as soon as Phish announces they are playing a city, hotel room rates jump up near the venue by 100%. Recently when doing just that, I came across this gem of a photo from a couple of female pt members.

pretty hilarious

attachment.php

Attachments

• moon boof.jpg
    moon boof.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 294

MadMadWorld

You don't have to read between the lines Harvey. I think it's clear that women generally aren't interested in the types of discussion.