• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Headed to Stratton Sunday- trees?

frapcap

Was trying to choose Okemo or Stratton to start using up some Ski VT passes and it looks like Stratton will get a good refresher late Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning, so we're headed there. Its been a few years since I've used them as the 'home mountain.' Since one of the last times I was there was about 5 years ago, I wasn't really skilled enough to get into their trees- but I definitely want to now!

Any tips/stashes y'all can suggest?
I know about Shred Wood, Eclipse, and Vertigo but that is about it. Anything not on the map worth mentioning? Someone mentioned the Kidderbrook Ravine in a trip report recently, but for all of the days I've spent there in the past, the entrance went unnoticed.

If you're free Sunday and want to meet up make some turns, I'm up for it, too!

C-Rex

I'm going to Stratton Sunday too and was wondering the same thing. If I find anything I'll post it up. Or if you see me, say hi and we can do some runs together. I'll be wearing the jacket in my profile pic so I'm pretty easy to spot. The name is Dave.

mriceyman

I will be there sunday. The only time i went into kidderbrook ravine was in thin cover and was sketchy. It should be primo now. I know test pilot is on map but it is a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mriceyman

Diamond in the rough is also nice.. And if your into the hide out and toke or need a drink in the woods there is a picnic table skiers right that you can lounge on.

C-Rex

Diamond in the rough is also nice.. And if your into the hide out and toke or need a drink in the woods there is a picnic table skiers right that you can lounge on.

Thanks for the info. I quit smoking weed a while back. Well, let's say I cut back on 99% of it. I'm not opposed to the occasional special circumstances toke. And if I ever meet up with Scotty, I think I'm going to have to just because it's Scotty. There a definitely times that I miss it when I'm out in the woods on a nice day.

Test pilot looks good on the map. Usually the edge of the boundary stuff has a lot of potential. I guess we'll just have to do some exploring. :)

mriceyman

I guess you can say im like scotty just alot less vocal lol. I will park at sunbowl and go from there. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1424448248.543424.jpg that is my outfit and my helmet says chive on. Holler icey if you see me.

Glenn

ah, stratton sunday = $48 CT Ski Council tickets i see.

Pewp. I was hoping it would be less busy with the storm coming in...

I haven't been in Test Pilot this year. Last season, it was fairly narrow. Not a bad experience though.

Kidderbrook Ravine delivers. Cleared well, plenty of trees, a good pitch and some nice bumps.

gmcunni

Pewp. I was hoping it would be less busy with the storm coming in...

I haven't been in Test Pilot this year. Last season, it was fairly narrow. Not a bad experience though.

Kidderbrook Ravine delivers. Cleared well, plenty of trees, a good pitch and some nice bumps.

i've noticed a few stratton reports from you but nothing of Mt snow, have you switched full time?

abc

Sadly, I don't get the cheap tickets.

The reason I'll be there is because I got an invite from a friend so I have free lodging. But I'll be paying through my nose on the walk up lift ticket (my buddy have season pass but it seems there's no benefit for bringing in guests). I've been trying to find ANY sort of discount for it but it seems Stratton doesn't do much in liftopia etc...

steamboat1

Sadly, I don't get the cheap tickets.

The reason I'll be there is because I got an invite from a friend so I have free lodging. But I'll be paying through my nose on the walk up lift ticket (my buddy have season pass but it seems there's no benefit for bringing in guests). I've been trying to find ANY sort of discount for it but it seems Stratton doesn't do much in liftopia etc...
Sunday is a ski club appreciation day at Stratton, $48 lift ticket. I know you have council stickers.