• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

better pic upload process

gmcunni

attachment.php

Using the
attachment.php
button! No problems!
what browser? you do upload from PC or a link to URL?

gmcunni

I'm also using Chrome. When you clicked on the "Insert Inline" button was the picture you're trying to insert checked (and highlighted), so that the button said "Insert Inline (1)"?

Maybe it's a difference in the editor you're using? I'm using the Standard Editor, not the WYSIWYG or Basic:

attachment.php

Set here:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

i was WYSIWYG and now set to standard.. let's see

gmcunni

Looks like WYSIWYG is the problem!

it would appear so, thanks. But there was an issue with the pics totally disappearing too.. haven't see it lately and without spending too much time thinking about it perhaps it coincided with the db problems last month and was an isolated incident.

gmcunni

also thanks for showing the attachment manager, never noticed that before.. have 112 photos stored there.

bvibert

Staff member
it would appear so, thanks. But there was an issue with the pics totally disappearing too.. haven't see it lately and without spending too much time thinking about it perhaps it coincided with the db problems last month and was an isolated incident.

The example of the pic disappearing that you showed earlier seems to be more of a malformed link than the actual attachment disappearing. If there was another case where the picture completely disappeared from the attachments then that would be a different problem that could be related to the database issues we experienced in Jan.

bvibert

Staff member
also thanks for showing the attachment manager, never noticed that before.. have 112 photos stored there.

No problem. It's kinda cool. You can go back in and reuse any pictures that you previously uploaded, pretty easily... Not that I ever really had the need, until this thread.

gmcunni

bdfreetuna

Testing using "Insert Image" / upload button in FF on Ubuntu... after switching from WYSIWIG to Standard editor...

290539581013851.jpg

frapcap

looks like you link to photos on a different web site (facebook?). when i do that i have good results too.. it is just when i was uploading the photo directly to alpinezone via "insert image" or as an attachment.

I was not aware we could do that. Huh. Go figure.
maxresdefault.jpg