• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - this weekend intel (2/28)

frapcap

I'd love to go to Magic but I'll have an intermediate with me that will not appreciate being dragged down the good stuff. And since I can't NOT ride that stuff when I see it I'm just going to go somewhere more mellow. I might actually go to Catamount just so I can go to Gypsy Joynt for dinner after in Great Barrington.

Man, I HATE when that happens.

gmcunni

not sure if Ruby was there... i'll call it crowded but manageable.

10-15 min max wait in Bluebird.

summit express - less than 5 mins

parking lot packed.

i expected the worse when i walked up to the ticket window and there were hand written signs posted indicating they were out of certain size skis and boots and had NO poles left in rental.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
not sure if Ruby was there... i'll call it crowded but manageable.

10-15 min max wait in Bluebird.

summit express - less than 5 mins

parking lot packed.

i expected the worse when i walked up to the ticket window and there were hand written signs posted indicating they were out of certain size skis and boots and had NO poles left in rental.

Ditto. Looked like a warzone in the Sundance lodge. North Face was absolutely packed till 11am, then everything cleared out and I had some lift rides to myself. Sunbrook had a 15 chair wait at 10am. Heard Long John was a shitshow all day.

benski

It appears Rudy only posts in Arabic. He has posted 5 times. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Jcb890

I was there Sunday. For a Sunday I figured there would be less people. We were on the lifts by 8:10 and were able to get a bunch of runs in early. Crowds showed up around 10 and stayed until maybe 2 or so. We stayed away from the Bluebird Express and lines were never that bad.

Also checked out the Sunbrook area for the first time on Sunday. It was great! Awesome trails and no lift lines. The drawback is that its a pain to get back to the Main face on a board (get your skating shoes on!) and the chair is slow as balls! It was less crowded, warmer and the trails were really nice. I'm glad we went over there.

And of course it wouldn't be a trip up to Vermont to board without driving home in a snowstorm... again!

SnowRock

I was also there this past weekend.. had a good time.

I will say, regarding that dude's thread complaining about mt snow last week, the lifts did seem to stop quite a bit over the course of the weekend and across the different areas. We were stopped on one of the north face lifts for a solid 5-7 minutes on saturday, assume it was power related as both lifts stopped at the same time. There seemed to be quite a few similar (not quite as long) interruptions no matter where we were on both days.

Its also interesting how your perspective on a place changes as your ability level/interests change... North is fun but it was much steeper in my mind.