• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore Mountain, NY & Okemo, VT-2/25-26

snobrdr13

Visited Gore Mountain for the first time.. Conditions were GOOD on blue and green. There was some ice on the trails but it wasn't too bad.. EXCEPT... for the middle landing area for the Adirondack Express lift! There was sheets of gnarly ice there and of course on my last run I slipped and fell right on my tailbone! (A guy on a snowmobile was right there when it happened and he didn't even stop.) I couldn't even understand why that area was still open since it was so bad! The next day, instead of going to Whiteface because of what I heard about their ice problems, I went to Okemo, VT. Conditions there were EXCELLENT with no ice on blue and green except for the bottom where are the lifts are. It was bitter cold though so the snow was rock hard. That place must be amazing when the temp is 20-30!! $82 was steep though for a weekday.

bdfreetuna

Hey snobrdr13 welcome to the forum I see this is your first post!

Personally I prefer all terrain to be open even in bad conditions. A "thin cover" or "icy" or "experts only" circlular sign at the top of the trail may be in order, but that's fair warning as far as I'm concerned.

Vermont definitely has some good snow right now. If you like to stick to blues you should check out Mt Snow :)

bdfreetuna

Hey snobrdr13 welcome to the forum I see this is your first post!

Personally I prefer all terrain to be open even in bad conditions. A "thin cover" or "icy" or "experts only" circlular sign at the top of the trail may be in order, but that's fair warning as far as I'm concerned.

Vermont definitely has some good snow right now. If you like to stick to blues you should check out Mt Snow :)

snobrdr13

YES! I've seen "icy" signs at parks.. hello, ski patrol, what else are they doing??

This is a great forum. I was thinking today how nice it would be to hear reports on conditions, cause you don't know until you start going down the hill.. and resorts certainly aren't exactly honest with their snow reports.

bdfreetuna

YES! I've seen "icy" signs at parks.. hello, ski patrol, what else are they doing??

This is a great forum. I was thinking today how nice it would be to hear reports on conditions, cause you don't know until you start going down the hill.. and resorts certainly aren't exactly honest with their snow reports.

OnTheSnow Ski Report app for smartphones is really good too. Users can post pics and reviews and for most resorts usually a couple people at least have posted reviews in the last day or two.