• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What color is this dress?

mriceyman

The newest internet debate. Apparently its a 50/50 split on what color the dress is .. I know what i think it is. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1425040781.537229.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mriceyman

the dress is black and blue. my eyes perceive it as white and gold

Weird how that happens eh .. I see blue and black but most of my family saw white and gold

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

wa-loaf

I was seeing blue and gold last night on facebook. Today it is white and gold. But this shows how crappy it is to tell color online. Monitor and image quality vary greatly among devices.

drjeff

In my office on my monitor where I have it set to maximize the black.white contrasts and the background lighting isn't too bright (makes it easier to read x-ray images at my desk that way) the dress is gold and white without a doubt. On the TV on my treadmill in my basement this AM when I saw the story on the news, I was sure the dress was blue and black (in my basement where my treadmill is there's bright overhead fluorescent tube lights and the TV monitor is on the factory "standard TV watching" settings.

deadheadskier

Staff member
attachment.php

Attachments

• clinton.jpg
    clinton.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 86

ctenidae

Blue and black, even in the versions where they try to explain it by fiddling with the white balance.

My wife said it must be white, because no one would buy that dress in blue.