• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where oh where to go tomorrow?

Bostonian

So with the house thing squared away (sorta), and a great day for weather tomorrow... The question is - where to go?

Do I head to Magic? Or Perhaps Cannon? Keep it low key at Berkshire East? Haven't hit them this year (or really anything other than the three in my sig). Suggestions?

Warp Daddy

Doesnt matter , JUST get out there and have fun .

It is going to be sunny in the 20's , glorious day in the Daks so , I 'll be at Whiteface with my son coming up from Manhattan

SkiFanE

So with the house thing squared away (sorta), and a great day for weather tomorrow... The question is - where to go?

Do I head to Magic? Or Perhaps Cannon? Keep it low key at Berkshire East? Haven't hit them this year (or really anything other than the three in my sig). Suggestions?

Seeing the weatherman in Boston told viewers "its going to be a great ski weekend" - I'd go where everyone else will not go :) . No wind, snow, or hysteria about roofs to keep people in the flatlands - damn.

I'll be at Sunday River trying to avoid the masses.

C-Rex

Magic has some cool comps going on, including the Ski the East freeride tour, if you want to watch something sweet when you take a break. You can't really go wrong anywhere as far as conditions go. Only thing will be crowd avoidance. Berkshire East will probably be pretty good. Mount Snow, not so much. I was thinking maybe Bromley, but haven't decided yet. I just know I'm finally hitting Platty on Sunday.

Bostonian

I'm leaning on Magic, just to avoid the crowds and all... I want to avoid Mount Snow, Okemo, Loon, Sunapee, and etc...

I'll be back at Gunstock next weekend at my home mountain so tomorrow is about getting out there - wherever there may be

hammer

I'll be at Ragged on Sunday but I'm expecting some crowds. Purchased tickets through Liftopia and the discounts weren't that much. Have not been since they replaced the Spear Triple, hoping the new HSQ helps.

Abominable

Bostonian, your thread on roof dams helped me ascertain what was critical and how to remediate, so I owe you a beer at Berkshire East if you go. Feel free to PM if you do. Enjoy the weekend!

Bostonian

Abominable, I am glad I was able to help out. I am learning a whole lot about roofs, soffits and venting in the attic this year the hard way. I am tempted to hit B-East tomorrow, but still very much torn on that, Magic and now Ragged (since I haven't been there in years). decisions decision...

xlr8r

I'm headed to Ragged on Sunday, first time on new Spear Quad. Looking forward to seeing how it changes how I ski the place. In the past I spent more time on the sixpack side, but thought spear had better runs and access into the ravine. I think now I will spend more time on Spear.

Jully

I'm headed to Ragged on Sunday, first time on new Spear Quad. Looking forward to seeing how it changes how I ski the place. In the past I spent more time on the sixpack side, but thought spear had better runs and access into the ravine. I think now I will spend more time on Spear.

Does anyone who has skied the new HSQ noticed any major changes? Is the 6-pack side less crowded on crowded days? Are the Spear trails getting more skied off? I'm very curious.

becca m

Spear side seldom has a wait...but...haven't seen the glades open from the top (behind the ski patrol shack)....excellent conditions all over the hill this past week+

rocks860

Magic has some cool comps going on, including the Ski the East freeride tour, if you want to watch something sweet when you take a break. You can't really go wrong anywhere as far as conditions go. Only thing will be crowd avoidance. Berkshire East will probably be pretty good. Mount Snow, not so much. I was thinking maybe Bromley, but haven't decided yet. I just know I'm finally hitting Platty on Sunday.

Unfortunately you won't be able to watch the comp because It's practically impossible to see. 2 years ago they had the black lift running and you could watch the whole thing which was awesome but last year they were told to shut it down during the comp and this year it's obviously not running

rocks860

I've only skied like 2 runs at mount ellen in the past several years. I was at sugarbush for a week this year and last year but the sbe was closed both years. Only time I skied there was this year the Saturday after Christmas and it was super rough. It's a shame, lower fis is one of my favorite trails ever

jrmagic

Unfortunately you won't be able to watch the comp because It's practically impossible to see. 2 years ago they had the black lift running and you could watch the whole thing which was awesome but last year they were told to shut it down during the comp and this year it's obviously not running
People can watch it if they like, just not from the lift. The best vantage points are towards the bottom of the course looking up which does cut out the first 3 drops but still some good skiing to be seen from there.

Bostonian

Looks like none of the above for me today... The insurance company is pissing me off to no end. they sent out another unlicensed contractor (who lied about having a license), so now I have to wait for yet another "water mitigation" team to come to our house today at 11. If I am lucky I will get to go to Crotched (only an hour) for afternoon turns and maybe B-East (an hour and a half) if they are done by 12.