• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thursday Feb. 26 to Thursday Mar 5th 2015

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Southern lehigh co. 4'' And really ripping , def over perform for my area, Bear creek tonight for some /slow/ low turns , Blue mountain seems to making out well.
JT BC tomorow! Elk Saturday although they seem to be not doing well if radar is correct.

BenedictGomez

As much as I want to go up north this weekend it could (and should) be really good here. I'll be taking pictures cause you don't always see the Pocono's like this. Back up north next weekend then west.

You wont see it "like this" today either, because ONCE AGAIN, the Pocono's got absolutely SCREWED. They got about 3" and that's it. Not even snowing at Shawnee or Camelback right now. Frustrating.

Meanwhile, I think I'm at a good 5", and it's still pounding snow here in Jersey.

igtwg.jpg

4aprice

You wont see it "like this" today either, because ONCE AGAIN, the Pocono's got absolutely SCREWED. They got about 3" and that's it. Not even snowing at Shawnee or Camelback right now. Frustrating.

Meanwhile, I think I'm at a good 5", and it's still pounding snow here in Jersey.

igtwg.jpg

Regardless of what they got (3 is ok) the base up there is pretty deep. There will be bumps and maybe some off trail things to hit this weekend. By the time I get there, there wouldn't be any fresh anyways. Sure I would like to go north but it ain't happening this weekend so I plan on enjoying the warmer temps and deep snow. Beats being at home all weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

igtwg.jpg

Should've come out with me. I'm leaving now to do some NJ backcountry.

BenedictGomez

Should've come out with me. I'm leaving now to do some NJ backcountry.

I'm still going to BM tonight, leaving at 2:30 or 3, as 3" is better than nothing. It's just remarkable how this one region gets shafted time and time and time and time again.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
10 1/2" , 2.5hrs on snow blower , Every possible snow condition on driveway , Soup, sleet , wet snow and 7" powder.
Getting a shower and going to Bear Creek!
Jim Thorpe looks like it got 1" , Back country Emmaus trails tomorrow morning.

j law

Looks like 4 or 5 inches here in Manhattan. I'm trying to motivate to hit the backcountry known as Central Park!

Happy hour here in the office (Mad Men style here at an ad agency) might slow me down.... Or make my turns more interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skifree

Looks like 4 or 5 inches here in Manhattan. I'm trying to motivate to hit the backcountry known as Central Park!

Happy hour here in the office (Mad Men style here at an ad agency) might slow me down.... Or make my turns more interesting!

Please tell more

BenedictGomez

Eh, you made the right choice. It was too flat, really more cross country than downhill skiing. Oh well.

Meh, Blue Mountain was pretty bad. There was no way you could tell they got 3" today. The entire place was really icy and scraped.

And the conditions at Shawnee on Sunday were fantastic, so I think the rain and ice the Poconos got this week seriously wrecked havoc on what had been pretty decent conditions.

On the bright side, I did try that new Slopeside restaurant and I agree with the other posters here - two thumbs up.

j law

Please tell more

Haha, I'm sensing sarcasm though CP can be fun for XCountry on a powder day. Of course I'd rather be at Magic or Jay, but when you have no chance of playing on a real mountain, CP will do.

That said, I had too many beers at work and couldn't motivate. I'm hoping my flight to Atlanta tomorrow is cancelled so I get some time to play!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Meh, Blue Mountain was pretty bad. There was no way you could tell they got 3" today. The entire place was really icy and scraped.

And the conditions at Shawnee on Sunday were fantastic, so I think the rain and ice the Poconos got this week seriously wrecked havoc on what had been pretty decent conditions.

On the bright side, I did try that new Slopeside restaurant and I agree with the other posters here - two thumbs up.
Bear Creek was really fun , although spent most of the night straight lining , place has little pitch , a short bump run with large bumps, found some short glade runs .
I can't believe the precip gradient , when I got home there was another inch of snow.
11.5" total