• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thursday Feb. 26 to Thursday Mar 5th 2015

BenedictGomez

Wow, totals shot up from previous, especially around Philly

Yeah, I might have to ski a rare evening in the Poconos. In the rare event the football doesn't get pulled out from under them, it should be awesome.

gfs_asnow_neus_13.png

4aprice

Yeah, I might have to ski a rare evening in the Poconos. In the rare event the football doesn't get pulled out from under them, it should be awesome.

gfs_asnow_neus_13.png

Got to admit, I'm a little confused about the forecast. Was watching News 12 NJ while waiting for an oil change in my truck and the future cast almost looked like the Pocono's were going to miss almost everything (snow/rain/snow). Due to unforeseen circumstances it looks like I will be skiing CBK this weekend. Could I be getting lucky?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

Got to admit, I'm a little confused about the forecast. Was watching News 12 NJ while waiting for an oil change in my truck and the future cast almost looked like the Pocono's were going to miss almost everything (snow/rain/snow).

There are two storms. What you saw was the meh storm, for today. This much bigger storm is tomorrow.

Due to unforeseen circumstances it looks like I will be skiing CBK this weekend. Could I be getting lucky?

Looks pleasant, and with little to no wind this weekend. I'm heading to DAX.

gfs_T2m_neus_18.png

Edd

It's snowing nicely in Bartlett, NH. Skiing looks to be good tomorrow.

BenedictGomez

Blue Mountain will be the Pocono mountain of choice should this pan out.

Thursday evening could be my first trip there in approximately 17 years.

sketch44.png

wedThurs.png

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
all the resorts in NNE except bromley and cranmore are reporting PP or Pow this AM. If htis is true, they dodged the rain. But the proof will be today, if they can dodge the temps.
Here are the projecte freezing elevations

Magic -
4am - 1800', 10AM -800', 1pm=1000', zero after that.
(BASE = 1299', summit, 2999'

MRG
4am -1100', 10am 0'
base-1601, summit 3639

$steaux
all periods, 0 elevation remains below zero.

Strikes me that So. VT will get a little damage.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Here's what really skcus
next week, the freezing elevations at stowe will be
between 3100 to 8200 feet on Tues, Wed, Thurs, with summit tems from 34 to 41, base temps between 34 and 36.

Cannonball

all the resorts in NNE except bromley and cranmore are reporting PP or Pow this AM. If htis is true, they dodged the rain. But the proof will be today, if they can dodge the temps.

It's warm-ish today, but it's not major melting weather. Mid-high 30's and cloudy isn't going to have a negative impact.