• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thursday Feb. 26 to Thursday Mar 5th 2015

Cannonball

a little crusty in the am. I've also found if they groom too early at night and the snow hasn't setup, the cord. gets crusty too. Where are you Cannonball

Lincoln, NH. The snow last night was ~2" of crustiness. It's about 35 here right now. But with the cloud cover there really isn't any melting going on.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
attachment.php

BenedictGomez

Based on today's model runs, I dont see this changing that much.

> South = better, so Blue Mountain it is if this pans out.

StormTotalSnowRange.png

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
If we get 6", I'm hitting up a powerline hill on my drive home.

BG, you're in my neck of the woods. Interested in some late afternoon powder turns? If there's two of us, we wouldn't have to hike (roads at the top and bottom).

BenedictGomez

BG, you're in my neck of the woods. Interested in some late afternoon powder turns? If there's two of us, we wouldn't have to hike (roads at the top and bottom).

Sounds like fun, but I already made plans to ditch work early and hit BM late afternoon with the gf based on the models last night.

Here's the Euro snowmap hot off the presses.

961d56f364ab4f444b9aeb01ae657d4e

twinplanx

I like the enthusiasm Bear. Rip it! :)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
None of this really matters. We have copious amounts of base, all the snow snakes are dead, the woods in play and the blackout days over. I'm going to get it, and get it good on Friday and Saturday. See you at Stowe? JP?

BenedictGomez

When you live in NJ, have got a job, a kid, and a wife that gives you the evil eye every time you say you're going skiing, you have to take advantage of any free opportunity you have to go.

Why not hit up Blue Mountain, Camelback, or Shawnee? It's a rare day when the Poconos actually gets some snow.

twinplanx

When you live in NJ, have got a job, a kid, and a wife that gives you the evil eye every time you say you're going skiing, you have to take advantage of any free opportunity you have to go.
I get it bro! If there was any sort of vert in my neck of the woods I'd be all over it...

4aprice

At least 3 otg and snowing at a decent clip here in NNJ. Hoping its doing the same at CBK. Nice fluff snow. As much as I want to go up north this weekend it could (and should) be really good here. I'll be taking pictures cause you don't always see the Pocono's like this. Back up north next weekend then west. I'm sure I'm not alone (though NY TV would disagree) but I'm wishing this would never end.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ