• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kickstarter project for nose and cheek protection

VTKilarney

I have posted before that my holy grail for cold weather skiing is keeping my nose and cheeks from getting too cold. I have yet to find any sort of face cover that doesn't get uncomfortably wet and/or fog up my goggles.

I poked around the Internet and found a few options, but none really looked that good to me. But just yesterday I stumbled upon this Kickstarter project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/364477210/faceglove

I've got no affiliation whatsoever with this project. I was able to find one retailer that has a size medium of their first production run in stock. I couldn't find anything else online, though.

Hopefully they will make their goal because this looks like the exact type of product I have been looking for.

This company offers a similar product, but I don't like the design as much. It is quite a bit cheaper, though:
http://bekogear.com/cheeko/cheeko-silver/

I've also seen some products for the motor sports industry, but I have no idea how well they work for skiers.

Last edited:

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
I saw a guy on the tram with something that looked identical to that a few weeks ago. I should have asked him where he got it.

I bought an airhole balaclava a few weeks ago which has worked well. I can cover my nose and cheeks without worrying about fogging up my goggles.

VTKilarney

i saw a guy the other day with a paper napkin tucked under the bottom of his goggles hanging down like a veil. he should start a kickstarter
Is there a reason you are being an ass, or are you just obnoxious by nature?

VTKilarney

I saw a guy on the tram with something that looked identical to that a few weeks ago. I should have asked him where he got it.

I bought an airhole balaclava a few weeks ago which has worked well. I can cover my nose and cheeks without worrying about fogging up my goggles.
I've thought about one of those. The problem is that I prefer to breathe through my nose on a cold day if possible.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I would think they'd want to incorporate the glove as part of a balaclava and not a separate piece of clothing. I wear a balaclava pretty often and usually just pull the face portion of it down below my chin. I'll pull it up to cover my face if I'm skiing groomers at high speed, but if I'm in the trees my face is typically not cold unless it's below zero.

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
I've thought about one of those. The problem is that I prefer to breathe through my nose on a cold day if possible.

I'm the same way, I'd only wear this thing when its so cold that I'm going to end up with windburn or frostbite on my cheeks. Normally I don't like anything obstructing my nose. I've only used it once so far and it worked well. I forced myself to breathe in through my nose and out with my mouth. I got used to it after a few runs. I also pulled it down under my nose after I got about halfway down the mountain where the wind wasn't much of a factor.

Smellytele

When I was skiing the other day at -20 I started thinking about this and thought that something like the toe warmers that have a sticky side that could fit over your nose and cheeks

Cannonball

i saw a guy the other day with a paper napkin tucked under the bottom of his goggles hanging down like a veil. he should start a kickstarter

Is there a reason you are being an ass, or are you just obnoxious by nature?

WTF is your problem? I LITERALLY saw a guy skiing with a paper napkin on his face. If you can't find some humor in that you might need to enroll in anti-sensitivity training. And follow it up with course in lighten-up 101.

VTKilarney

WTF is your problem? I LITERALLY saw a guy skiing with a paper napkin on his face. If you can't find some humor in that you might need to enroll in anti-sensitivity training. And follow it up with course in lighten-up 101.
When you started you comments in this thread by referring to an irrelevant prior heated debate, you shouldn't feign surprise when I infer that you are trying to fan flames. If it was indeed an attempt at humor, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what was so funny about it.

Cannonball

It's all perspective I guess. Some people see the "heated" part and some people see the humorous part. To each their own. Stay warm.

BTW: I saw 3 different people wearing a face glove/mitten type thing this morning. Must be on the shelves somewhere.

VTKilarney

It's all perspective I guess. Some people see the "heated" part and some people see the humorous part. To each their own. Stay warm.

BTW: I saw 3 different people wearing a face glove/mitten type thing this morning. Must be on the shelves somewhere.

There is a cheap one out there called a Noze Warmer. It's really cheap, though. It's just a piece of felt with Velcro that sticks to goggle foam. The price is right, though.

catskillman

Guys I saw had this http://bekogear.com/face-masks/ or similar.
there is a thing called The Pinch. It velcro's to the bottom of your goggles and covers your nose and cheeks. I have seen tons of them this season with the weather. Runs about $15, which is crazy for what it is, but works great and is not bulky at all. The Snowbird shop was going to order more the last time I was there.

dlague

On the coldest days we use Dermatone. I do not like having masks on so this is my go to product.