• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay 2/28/15

splunge

Man one hell of a day today, bright bluebird skies, but pretty cold all day. The wind was the real killer.

Got there early, about 7:45, and got on the first tram, and hit it hard all day. Snow was rock hard bullet proof. The kind of snow I would've loved to race on. Really made the slalom skis one hell of a ride. Skied untill the passes were up, and had one hell of a day.

We skied tram side most of the day, only took a few runs off the Bonnie and jet triple, because the lines were pretty long.

Place wasn't too crowded, and all and all, it was a great day for my first day on a real mountain all season.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

Nice. I considered Jay today but figured it would be jammed with Canada school vacation starting. Glad u had a good day.
Surprised about the winds, Bolton had nearly no wind except for a slight breeze up top on Wilderness.

Smellytele

I was there as well. The woods were great today. i was in them most of the day - actually every run we were in the woods at least a little. The ridge was pretty scraped and windblown. Green beret was almost impossible to enter. Valhalla skied well. The Jet got busy around 10:30 but was just about ski on after lunch as was the bonnie. Tram line sucked as always. The Yank was not bad.

bluebird

Was also on the first tram. While snow was hard, I've seen and skied much worse. Freezer lived up to its name early on then moderated somewhat.

BenedictGomez

Canadian school break Saturdays (today and next Saturday) can be miserable at JP, so it sounds like the cold kept some away.

splunge

Was also on the first tram. While snow was hard, I've seen and skied much worse. Freezer lived up to its name early on then moderated somewhat.

Indeed, I thought the early ridse on the freezer would be the colder yesterday, but the wind did nothing but pick up coming from that east side!

Seeing as I was on my new this year Dobermanns, I did not ski a lot of woods, I took a lot of hits on uller's dream, green mtn boys, racer, wedelmaster, the jet, Haynes, and some of the other steeper groomer types. I did my edges like razors the night before, and it really paid off, because the snow on the groomers was solid ice, and was an absolute pleasure to rip!

Canadian school break Saturdays (today and next Saturday) can be miserable at JP, so it sounds like the cold kept some away.

Most definitely, my friends and I decided to just use the empty singles lines and take separate chairs, so we could skip most of the big crowds on state side, which was considerably less windy than tram. But if you could suck it up, the line for the freezer was never more than 4 or 5 groups deep.