Man I hate traffic jams

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Man I hate traffic jams

Nothing like a nasty jam to mar a fun weekend on the mountain.
    SUVs with 4WD/AWD doing 15 mph? *smh*

Attached Images Attached Images
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

At least it happened leaving the mountain

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

95 south(Stamford-.GW) was The WORST I've ever seen an interstate last night.
    Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

Mt Snow to home - usually 2:45 door to door. last night = 4:30

i thought MA roads were bad until i hit CT. seemed like our roads were not treated nor being plowed.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Took me an extra hour and a half to get to NJ from the 'Cats. Once I got into the open my Suby had no problem at all. The problem was, there weren't many open areas.
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Yeah my F'in 2001 fwd Taurus did all right. Just too many assholes on the road...
    Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    Mt Snow to home - usually 2:45 door to door. last night = 4:30

i thought MA roads were bad until i hit CT. seemed like our roads were not treated nor being plowed.
    Our normal just under two hours was closer to 3.5 hours last night. What a mess! I thought we were in the clear when Waze had us going rt 5 down to Bernardston to avoid the accident on 91...it just got worse the further south we got. People still need to understand the two lane concept of the highway. I'm all for driving at speeds relating to conditions. But the people going 35mph in the left lane screwed things up. I mean, really?

91 below Hartford was a mess and 15 was even worse. Definitely long drive last night.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32

I was at Willard Mtn in NY (maybe 20 miles NE of Albany) I left there about 2 - down to Albany and then over on The NY State Thruway/Mass Pike to Worcester and down 395) Google maps had it at 185 miles and 3 hours and 5 minutes - made it in 3:30 with one stop on the Pike - roads not too bad until I got into CT where it seems like the DOT didn't believe in salting the roads!! NY + MA did a decent job of salting things and keeping the pavement more wet than white!!

My wife said the drive home from Mount Snow "really f#&%+@g SUCKED!!" and immediately asked for a drink upon getting home!!

Fortunately for me, until I crossed into CT about the only times I dropped below 60 was when their was either a DOT brigade salting/plowing ahead of me or when some rubbernecking for incidents in the Westbound lanes slowed things briefly

Having been doing the weekly weekend drives home from VT for years, I just learned to mentally add 50% to my usual drive time before I start and then expect a high level of idiots going 20 to 30 in the left lane (not unlike most Friday evenings between about 4:30 and 6 on 91 Northbound from Springfield, MA up to Northampton as the caravan of Prius's with rainbow stickers on their bumpers get out of work and head home :Uzi:
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    Nothing like a nasty jam to mar a fun weekend on the mountain.
    SUVs with 4WD/AWD doing 15 mph? *smh*

Yeah..big honking SUVs are the worst. People that buy them would never dare go off-road, and then on the snow they are too afraid of hurting their big expensive hulk of metal. Worst was an Infiniti SUV going 15mph on Rt. 26 on way to SR last winter...took 20 miles til I could finally pass the thing....had to be 50 people behind it. At least they should pull over and let the people by, since the are obviously in no rush.

Thread Information