• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Saturday 3/7

Savemeasammy

Planning on it. The wife and kids will be there with me. My wife and I will likely take turns skiing Tuckerbrook with our littlest guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4aprice

There's a chance that I might be up there. High School Championships this weekend at Cannon and while the boy is done several friends will be up there and I might venture north too.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Anyone gonna be there? Cannonball, Puckit, JDMRoma, dlague...

Jay Peak on Saturday and Burke on Sunday. Where is the season going - feel like I am running out of time with too many hard dates to specific ski areas.

xwhaler

Anyone have any discount strategies for Cannon to pass along for this Saturday? I'm all set using a Fox44 card but have a buddy with me trying to save him a few $ off the standard $74

Cannonball

Anyone have any discount strategies for Cannon to pass along for this Saturday? I'm all set using a Fox44 card but have a buddy with me trying to save him a few $ off the standard $74

If I'm going I can get you $15 off with my Superpass. Still not sure if I'm going though. JDRoma has that pass also. Otherwise, Sport Thoma in Lincoln sells discount tix for I think $60. FYI: Sport Thoma is at exit 33 (head north off the exit), they closed their other shop that used to be on Main St. They open at 8am so it's hard to get the discount and still catch 1st tram.

xwhaler

Sport Thoma would be a good play. Thanks!
Our plan is 1st tram so I'll see if my friend even cares about the $14 savings and decide that AM accordingly.

Cannonball

Sport Thoma would be a good play. Thanks!
Our plan is 1st tram so I'll see if my friend even cares about the $14 savings and decide that AM accordingly.

Also, just so you know. The Sport Thoma Cannon tix are a voucher. So you still have to go to the ticket window at Cannon (you can do this at the tram).

For BW and other mtns the Sport Thoma tix are actual tickets that you can head right to the lift with. They get activated on the first scan.

xwhaler

Sport Thoma is only $10 off so I sorta talked my friend into not getting off the highway.
We'll be there for 1st tram in the AM so if we see one of you guys I may ask and see if you can flash your badge for my buddy Colin.
Looking fwd to what should be a nice Cannon day tomorrow!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not as motivated as Whaler. I'll be booting up in Peabody lodge around 9.

Y'all have my cell

Cannonball

DHS, since you were asking previously, Tramline looked very skiable today (although I didn't do it). There isn't really any fresh left on it but coverage is good and the snow is very edgeable. Reminds me of hitting chutes out west on no-pow days. If you are just looking to cross it off your list you could do worse than right now.

On-map and off-map trees were pretty damn sweet. Given the temp swings recently I was worried about crust or worse. Instead it was soft and occasionally untouched.

prophet0426 finding some air under his skis in the woods

MD.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah, mainly a list crossing. I'll be hitting it for sure. I'd like to ski Gunsight and bunny direct of those are in and looking good as well.