• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke Mountain 2/28/15

4aprice

My first trip to Burke. Picked up the boy at PSU and drove north on 93 past Cannon (hard not to stop there as it looked great) up to Burke. What can I say, I like, I Like, I like. Sunny, clear, beautiful but cold. The snow was fantastic, the crowds non exisitent. Worked all the groomers with the wife who really enjoyed it. Her favorite was probably Upper Warren's Way above the race training. Only disappointment was the wrap we had as a late lunch in the Mid Burke Lodge. After lunch the boy and I adventured in to the woods. Really liked Dixiland in the East Bowl. The Jungle on the other side of the mountain was interesting too. Right below jungle is another glade called Wayne's World marked blue. This has got to be one of the tightest glades I have ever skied. (really too tight for fun) Got caught in some soft snow and almost straddled a tree, not my best run of the day. Had a lot of fun there and hope to get back soon as there was plenty of tasty looking woods left for us to explore.

DSCF4453_1_.jpg

DSCF4456_1_.jpg

DSCF4467_1_.jpg

DSCF4471_1_.jpg
DSCF4474_1_.jpg

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

DSCF4476_1_.jpg

MadMadWorld

Alex I said the exact same thing about Wayne's World. I left shaking my head saying "I'm not worthy!" It wasn't even tree skiing since all it had were tiny saplings that hadn't even formed branches yet. Very odd

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wow. Seems like half of AZ was at Burke this weekend 😀

I was there Friday, Saturday, and Monday. Conditions were very good.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone